This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of arteriovenous fistula with Streptococcous non-hemolyticus (alpha hemolysis) septicemia is presented. Unusual features in this case are discussed, as well as the successful treatment by antiobiotics followed by quadruple ligation and excision of the arteriovenous fistula.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Subacute Streptococcus viridans septicemia cured by excision of an arteriovenous aneurysm of the external iliac artery and vein.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1935; 57: 219
- Subacute Streptococcus viridans septicemia cured by excision of an infected traumatic arteriovenous aneurysm.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1942; 74: 974
- Streptococcus viridans septicemica Subacute bacterial endocardititis of an arteriovenous aneurysm.J. A. M. A. 1944; 126: 766-769
- Streptococcus viridans septicemia from vegetations in femoral arteriovenous aneuyrsm.Ann. Surg. 1946; 124: 123-130
- Streptococcus viridans endarteritis of an arteriovenous aneurysm cured by penicillin and surgical excision.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1949; 34: 221
- Cure of traumatic arteriovenous aneurysm and streptococcus septicemia with penicillin and operation.J. A. M. A. 1952; 148: 726-728
- Diseases of the Heart.W. B. Saudners Co, Philadelphia1949
- Heart Disease.The Macmillan Co, New York1951
Elkin, D. C. and Cooper, F. W., Jr. Personal communication.
- Collateral circulation in the presence of experimental arteriovenous fistula.Surgery. 1950; 27: 1-16
- Effect of atropine on the Branham sign in arteriovenous fistula.Arch. Int. Med. 1946; 78: 28-30
© 1953 Published by Elsevier Inc.