This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Surgery on the primary cleft lip must include all the principles of plastic repair and an overall plan to allow for growth. Minimal scars and an effort to obtain normal position of the structures is the prime aim to obliterate the cleft lip facies.
An operative procedure to gain optimum improvement of the nasal deformity is presented.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Simplified design for repair of single cleft lips.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1945; 80: 12-26
- Double clefts of the lip.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1947; 85: 2-29
- Reparative plastic surgery in secondary cleft lip and nasal deformities.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1945; 80: 322-334
© 1953 Published by Elsevier Inc.