This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of carcinoid tumor of the stomach is presented and briefly discussed.
We are in agreement with the concept that carcinoids are malignant tumors and that prediction of benign behavior cannot be made on a morphologic basis, although the location of the tumor has important implications concerning its biologic behavior.
The only suitable method of treatment is surgical extirpation and, because of the tendency for the tumors to be multiple, a thorough search for other foci is indicated.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Ueber den primären Krebs des Ileum nebst Bemerkungen über des gleichzeitige Vorkommen von Krebs und Tuberculose.Virchows Arch. f. path. Anat. 1888; 111: 280-317
- Karzinoide Tumoren des Dünndarms.Frankfurt Ztschr. f. Path. 1907; 1: 426-432
- Tumeurs endocrines de l'appendice.Press méd. 1914; 22: 237-240
- Carcinoid tumors of the small bowel.Gastroenterol. 1948; 10: 310-326
- Carcinoid tumors: A re-emphyasis of their malignant nature.Cancer. 1949; 2: 1005-1026
- Carcinoid of the stomach.Surgery. 1952; 31: 698-704
- Carcinoid tumors of the colon and rectum.Cancer. 1949; 2: 819-837
- Carcinoids (argentaffin-cell tumors) and nerve hyperplasia of the appendicular mucosa.Am. J. Path. 1928; 4: 181-212
- Carcinoid tumors of the rectum derived from Erspamer's pre-enterochrome cells.Am. J. Path. 1942; 18: 993-1009
- Metastasizing carcinoids of the ileum.in: Proc. Staff. Meet., Mayo Clin.19. 1944: 228-235
© 1953 Published by Elsevier Inc.