This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.1. Acquired arteriovenous fistulas are commonly caused by traumatic penetrating objects. It is not generally known that arteriovenous fistulas may be a complication following a routine surgical procedure.
- 2.2. A review of some of the cases reported in the literature is presented.
- 3.3. A review of the literature failed to produce a case of an arteriovenous fistula involving the ovarian artery and vein, as reported herein.
- 4.4. A case of an arteriovenous fistula involving the right ovarian artery and vein seventeen years after supracervical abdominal hysterectomy is reported. A surgical cure is obtained.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Traumatic arteriovenous fistulas and aneurysms in war wounded.Am. J. Surg. 1952; 83: 471
- Observations upon a particular species of aneurysms.Med. Obs. Soc. Phys. Lond. 1762; 2: 390
- Arteriovenous aneurysm following surgical operations.J. A. M. A. 1946; 131: 1117
- Aneurysm following surgical procedures: report of five cases.Ann. Surg. 1948; 127: 769
- Arteriovenous aneurysm following amputation.Brit. M. J. 1929; 2: 346
- Arteriovenous fistula.J. A. M. A. 1944; 124: 1128
- Arteriovenous aneurysm.Am. J. Surg. 1938; 108: 643
- Arteriovenous aneurysm of left superior thyroid vessels.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1929; 48: 123
- Arteriovenous aneurysm of thyroid vessels.Am. J. Surg. 1932; 17: 99
- Arteriovenous aneurysm of the superior thyroid artery and vein.Surg., Gynec. & Obst. 1935; 61: 816
- Arteriovenous fistula between the right common iliac artery and inferior vena cava.Arch. Surg. 1945; 50: 6
- Arteriovenous fistula of the renal vessels.Am. J. Med. Sc. 1934; 188: 399
© 1953 Published by Elsevier Inc.