This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
In patients with carcinoma of the head and neck region, various muscle flaps have been utilized to cover large surgical defects to help buttress a suture line, for cosmetic purposes, or to protect the carotid bulb and carotid arteries. The technic and our experience with more than fifty cases are outlined.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Laryngectomy with radical neck dissection in extensive cancer of the larynx.Am. J. Surg. 1962; 104: 705
- Personal communication.1964
- Surgery of the Head and Neck Tumors.in: 3rd ed. P.B. Hoeber, Inc, New York1961: 13
- Observations on the function of the shoulder joint.J. Bone & Joint Surg. 1944; 26: 1
© 1965 Published by Elsevier Inc.