This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The effect of graded vagal stimulation on gastric motility, secretion and blood flow in the cat.Acta physiol. scandinav. 1965; 65: 300
- Contributions to the physiology of gastric secretion VII. The elimination of dyes by the gastric mucosa.Am. J. Physiol. 1925; 73: 304
- The selective elimination of neutral red through the gastric mucosa.J. Lab. & Clin. Med. 1936; 21: 822
- The elimination of various dyes from the Pavlov pouch of dogs.Am. J. Digest. Dis. 1936; 3: 551
- The use of dye for differentiating the gastric antrum from the gastric corpus.Bull. Soc. Internat. Chir. 1963; 22: 424
- The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics.The Macmillan Co, New York1965
- The interdependence of gastric secretion and the CO2 content of the blood.J. Physiol. 1932; 75: 345
- Significance of innervation in the function of the gastric antrum.Am. J. Physiol. 1957; 190: 391
- Further studies on the isolated gastric antrum.Gastroenterology. 1957; 32: 868
- Release of gastrin from the pyloric antrum following vagal stimulation by sham feeding in dogs.J. Physiol. 1959; 148: 291
- The mechanism of vagus influence on the hormonal phase of gastric acid secretion.Surgery. 1960; 47: 722
- The control of gastrin release.Gastroenterology. 1960; 39: 582
- The effect of antroneurolysis upon antral function of the stomach.Surg. Gynec. & Obst. 1957; 105: 687
- Significance of vagal influences on release of antral gastrin.Am. J. Surg. 1964; 108: 31
- Selective gastric vagotomy.West J. Surg. 1962; 70: 107
- Selective gastric vagotomy versus total abdominal vagotomy.Acta. chir. scandinav. 1966; 131: 448
- Histamine- and insulin-stimulated gastric acid secretion after selective and truncal vagotomy.Gut. 1967; 8: 36
- Completeness of gastric vagotomy by the selective technic.Am. J. Digest. Dis. 1967; 12: 333
- Selective gastric vagotomy technic and primary results.Am. J. Digest. Dis. 1967; 12: 351
- Comparative studies of the clinical effects of truncal and selective gastric vagotomy.Am. J. Surg. 1968; 115: 165
- The role of intrinsic neural plexuses in release of gastric antral gastrin.Arch. Surg. 1965; 90: 895
- Relationship of antral and fundic vagal denervation to gastric secretion.Am. J. Physiol. 1961; 20: 171
☆This study was aided by funds accruing from National Institutes of Health Grant AM-08094.
☆☆Presented at the Eight Annual Meeting of the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, Atlantic City, New Jersey, June 17 and 18, 1967.
© 1968 Published by Elsevier Inc.