This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Seven cases of arteriomesenteric duodenal compression are presented. Of the four acute cases, three related to spinal scoliosis and one to lordosis. Three cases were of the chronic type, one being due to a mesenteric mass. Roentgenography is the basic diagnostic aid. Surgical intervention was required in four cases.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Lehrbuch der Path Anatomie.Ann Surg. 1971; 173 (Cited by) (3rd ed.): 290
- The superior mesenteric artery syndrome.Surg Gynec Obstet. 1960; 110: 133
- Chronic duodenal ileus.Brit J Surg. 1921; 9: 204
- Chronic duodenal ileus.Amer J Med Sci. 1927; 1: 643
- Wilkie's syndrome.Amer J Surg. 1964; 108: 85
- Wilkie's syndrome.Ann Surg. 1971; 173: 290
- Arteriomesenteric duodenal compression.Amer J Surg. 1960; 100: 262
- Mechanism of arteriomesenteric duodenal obstruction and direct surgical attack upon etiology.Ann Surg. 1958; 148: 725
- The cast syndrome.Clin Orthop. 1971; 79: 85
- Arteriomesenteric duodenal ileus: a report of three cases, one of which followed the application of a body cast.Stanford M Bull. 1951; 9: 262
- Vascular compression of the duodenum associated with the treatment of scoliosis.J Bone Joint Surg. 1971; 53-A: 431
- The cast syndrome: review of literature and report of a case.New Eng J Med. 1950; 243: 440
- The body cast syndrome.Radiology. 1970; 94: 303
- Duodenal obstruction due to compression by superior mesenteric root.JAMA. 1957; 165: 1665
- Intermittent arteriomesenteric occlusion of the duodenum.Radiology. 1956; 67: 729
- Duodenal obstruction at the ligament of Treitz: report of a case treated by a plastic procedure.New Eng J Med. 1960; 262: 443
- Syndrome of mesenteric vascular compression of the duodenum.Arch Surg. 1956; 73: 296
- Infrapapillary obstruction of the duodenum.Ann Surg. 1961; 154: 125
- Arteriomesenteric duodenal obstruction associated with severe peptic ulcer disease.Ann Surg. 1961; 153: 250
- Operative treatment of the superior mesenteric artery syndrome.Amer Surg. 1961; 27: 681
- Acute dilatation of the stomach and its relation to mesenteric obstruction of the duodenum.Trans Ass Amer Physicians. 1906; 21: 579
© 1972 Published by Elsevier Inc.