This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
An unusual case is presented of a large symptomatic pedunculated cystic intra-abdominal mass arising from the area of the splenocolic ligament in a three and a half year old girl. The child was managed successfully by resection of the mass, which proved on gross and microscopic examination to be a benign cystic lymphangioma. To our knowledge intra-abdominal cystic hygroma in this locale or with this configuration has not been previously reported.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Unified concept of lymphangioma and cystic hygroma.Surg Gynec Obstet. 1965; 120: 79
- Embryological significance of lymphangioma.Arch Dis Child. 1966; 41: 204
- Tumors of the cardiovascular system.Atlas of Tumor Pathology. 1956; (fascicle 7) (Washington DC): 124
© 1972 Published by Elsevier Inc.