This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Subtotal pancreatectomy has a relatively high morbidity and mortality. To minimize the possibility of injury to structures contiguous with the pancreas, a simplified technic of distal pancreatectomy is employed whereby the tail of the pancreas is approached by the retrograde route and the spleen is left intact.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Longitudinal pancreaticojejunostomy.in: Maingot R Abdominal Operations. 5th ed. Appleton-Century-Crofts, New York1969: 713
- Caudal pancreaticojejunostomy for chronic relapsing pancreatitis.Ann Surg. 1954; 140: 775
- Carcinoma of the pancreas.Surg Clin N Amer. 1968; 48: 601
© 1972 Published by Elsevier Inc.