Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Teaching and measuring surgical techniques—the technical evaluation of competence.Bull Am Coll Surg. 1978; 63: 9-12
- What do master surgeons think of surgical competence and revalidation?.Am J Surg. 2001; 182: 110-116
- How can educators use simulation applications to teach and assess surgical judgment?.Acad Med. 2012; 87: 934-941
- Decision making in urological surgery.Int Urol Nephrol. 2012; 44: 701-710
- Game on: Stanford develops a new tool to teach doctors to treat sepsis.Stanford Med. 2012; 29: 32-35
- Septris and SICKO: implementing and using learning analytics and gamification in medical education.Educause. 2014; (Available at: https://www.educause.edu/library/resources/septris-and-sicko-implementing-and-using-learning-analytics-and-gamification-medical-education. Accessed March 11, 2014.)
- Objective structured assessment of technical skill (OSATS) for surgical residents.Br J Surg. 1997; 84: 273-278
- A global assessment tool for evaluation of intraoperative laparoscopic skills.Am J Surg. 2005; 190: 107-113
- Using medical simulation to teach crisis resource management and decision-making skills to otolaryngology housestaff.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2011; 145: 35-42
- Emergency medicine crisis resource management (EMCRM): pilot study of a simulation-based crisis management course for emergency medicine.Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10: 386-389
- Recurrent obstetric management mistakes identified by simulation.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 109: 1295-1300
- Reliability of a revised NOTECHS scale for use in surgical teams.Am J Surg. 2008; 196: 184-190
- Surgical simulation: what is available and what is needed.Surgeon. 2011; 9: S16-S18
- Role of simulation in surgical education and training.ANZ J Surg. 2009; 79: 127-132
- Assessing the surgical decision making abilities of novice and proficient urologists.J Urol. 2009; 181: 2251-2256
The development of SICKO was funded by a grant provided by the Stanford Center for Continuing Medical Education.