Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
- The cell-saver and autologous transfusion: an underutilized resource in vascular surgery.Am J Surg. 1986; 152: 105-109
Tawes RL, Sydorak GR, Duvall TB, et al. Autotransfusion: an overview of a ten-year experience with the cell-saver. Proceedings of the DeBakey International Cardiovascular Society, Tokyo, Japan (in press).
- The plasma collection system: a new concept in autotransfusion.Ann Vasc Surg. 1989; 3: 304-306
- Hypothermia-induced reversible platelet dysfunction.Ann Surg. 1987; 205: 175-181
- Syndromes of disseminated intravascular coagulation with special reference to shock and hemorrhage.Charles C Thomas, Springfield, IL1966
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation as a possible cause of acute respiratory failure.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1973; 137: 419-423
- Expansion of the intravascular space in severe shock.Am J Surg. 1981; 142: 258-261
- The pathophysiology of shock.Intensive Care Med. 1980; 6: 889-900
- Problems with 20 or more blood transfusions in 24 hours.Am Surg. 1987; 53: 410-417
- Massive transfusion: what is current and important?.in: Proceedings of the Symposium on Massive Transfusion, American Association of Blood Banks. 1978: 1-16
- Pertinent recent development in blood banking.Surg Clin North Am. 1983; 63: 483-495
- Recent development in the area of massive transfusion.World J Surg. 1987; 11: 75-81
- Hemostasis in massively transfused trauma patients.Ann Surg. 1979; 290: 91-99
- Primary hemostasis after massive transfusion for injury.Am Surg. 1982; 48: 393-396
- Massive transfusion.Crit Care Clinics. 1986; 2: 791-805
- Haemostatic disorders in massive transfusion.Bibl Haemat. 1980; 46: 179-188
- Physiology of blood transfusion.in: Technical Report 89-01. Naval Blood Research Laboratory, Boston1989
- Treatment of severe platelet dysfunction and hemorrhage after cardiopulmonary bypass: reduction in blood product usage with desmopressin.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1987; 9: 1139-1147
- The treatment of postperfusion bleeding using epsilon-amino-caproic acid, cryoprecipitate, fresh-frozen plasma, and protamine sulfate.Ann Thorac Surg. 1979; 28: 440-444
- Platelet size and mass as an indicator for platelet transfusion after cardiopulmonary bypass.Circulation. 1986; 74: 153-158
- Effect of a preoperative separation of platelets on the postoperative blood loss subsequent to extracorporeal circulation during open hert surgery: a clinical study.Anaesthesia. 1977; 26: 64-71
- Quantitation of platelet preservation with prostanoids during simulated bypass.J Surg Res. 1987; 42: 10-18
- Heparin induced thrombocytopenia.Arch Intern Med. 1978; 138: 548-552
- Blood platelet behavior during and after open heart surgery.Br Med J. 1969; 2: 795-798
- A new technique for hemodilution, preparation of autologous platelet rich plasma and intraoperative blood salvage in cardiac surgery.Int J Arch Org. 1987; 10: 47-50
- Platelet poor blood in open heart surgery.N Engl J Med. 1969; 280: 1337-1338
- The transfusion of platelet concentrates in patients undergoing heart surgery.Mayo Clin Proc. 1967; 42: 318-325
- The contribution of anticoagulants to platelet dysfunctions with extracorporeal circulation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1976; 72: 735-741
- Does plasmas sequestration reduce post-operative bleeding?.in: Proceedings of the 27th International Conference of American Society of Extracorporeal Technology, Atlanta1989: 104-110
- Autologous platelet-rich plasma in cardiac surgery: effect on intraoperative and postoperative transfusion requirements.Ann Thorac Surg. 1988; 46: 416-419
- Determinants of homologous blood usage utilizing autologous platelet-rich plasma in cardiac operations.Ann Thorac Surg. 1989; 47: 897-902
Jones JW, McCoy TA, Rawitscher RA, et al. Effect of intraoperative plasmapheresis on blood loss and homologous transfusion in cardiac surgery. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) (in press).
Halden MD, Hultman J. Effect of autotransfused platelet-rich-plasma on blood clot formation assessed by thromboelastrography. Thor Anaes, Univ. Hospital S-751, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Preoperative plasmapheresis in patients undergoing cardiac surgery procedures.Anesthesia. 1990; 72: 282-288
2Presented at the 18th Annual Meeting of the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, Palm Desert, California, March 7–11, 1990.