Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
- Endothelium, reticuloendothelial cells, and microvascular integrity: roles in host defense.in: Altura BM Lefer AM Schumer W Handbook of shock and trauma. Raven Press, New York1983: 51-95
- Humoral deficiency and reticuloendothelial depression after traumatic shock.Am J Physiol. 1976; 230: 7-14
- Fibronectin: relevance to phagocytic host response to injury.Circ Shock. 1989; 29: 257-278
- The role of the RES in hemorrhagic shock.J Exp Med. 1959; 110: 547-569
- The contribution of the reticuloendothelial system to the development of tolerance to experimental shock.Ann NY Acad Sci. 1960; 88: 203-212
- Relationship between the vascular manifestations of shock produced by endotoxin, trauma, and hemorrhage. II. The possible role of the RES in resistance to each type of shock.J Exp Med. 1957; 106: 403-414
- Kinetics of plasma fibronectin: Relationship to phagocytic function and lung vascular injury.in: Mosher DF Fibronectin. Academic Press, San Diego1989: 395-439
- Fibronectins: multifunctional modular glycoproteins.J Cell Biol. 1982; 95: 369-377
Thompson PN, Cho E, Blumenstock FA, Shah DM, Saba TM. Rebound elevation of plasma fibronectin in response to tissue injury and ischemia: Relationship to fibronectin synthesis. Am J Physiol. In press.
- Effects of model traumatic injury on hepatic drug metabolism in the rat.Drug Met Disp. 1987; 15: 749-759
- Femur fracture with associated soft-tissue injury produces hepatic ischemia.Arch Surg. 1988; 123: 412-415
- Phagocytosis of gelatinized “R.E. Test Lipid Emulsion” by Kupffer cells: electron microscopic observations.Exp Molec Pathol. 1975; 25: 189-201
- Electroimmunoassay of α2-opsonic protein during reticuloendothelial blockade.Am J Physiol. 1977; 232: R80-R87
- Effect of surgical trauma on the clearance and localization of blood-borne particulate matter.Surgery. 1972; 71: 675-685
- Neutrophil-mediated lung localization of bacteria: A mechanism for pulmonary injury.Surgery. 1981; 90: 473-481
- Microaggregation hypothesis of multiple system organ failure.in: Fry DE Multiple system organ failure. Mosby Year Book, St. Louis1992: 25-41
- Microcirculatory arrest.in: Fry DE Multiple system organ failure. Mosby Year Book Medical Publishers, St. Louis1991
- Flow redistribution in a hyperdynamic small animal burn: comparison to patterns in sepsis.J Surg Res. 1987; 43: 29-36
- Experimental bacteremia and hepatic nutrient blood flow.Circ Shock. 1986; 20: 43-49
- Pulmonary leuko-sequestration induced by hind limb ischemia.Ann Surg. 1987; 206: 162-167
- Evidence for tumor necrosis factor-induced pulmonary microvascular injury after intestinal ischemia-reperfusion injury.Ann Surg. 1990; 212: 694-700
*This study was supported by Grant NIH-GM-21447 from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences.
**Presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Society for ClinicalVascular Surgery, Orlando, Florida, March 25–29, 1992.