Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Cancer Society. Leading new cancer cases—2012 estimates. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-032012.pdf. Accessed August 19, 2012.
- Increasing incidence of thyroid cancer is due to increased pathologic detection.Surgery. 2008; 144: 1038-1043
- Increasing detection and increasing incidence of thyroid cancer.World J Surg. 2009; 33: 2567-2571
- Increasing incidence of thyroid cancer in the United States 1973-2002.JAMA. 2006; 295: 2164-2167
- Analysis of the rising incidence of thyroid cancer using the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results national cancer registry.Surgery. 2010; 148: 1147-1152
- Improved detection does not fully explain the rising incidence of well-differentiated thyroid cancer: a population-based analysis.Am J Surg. 2010; 200: 454-461
- Thyroid cancer incidence and survival in the National Cancer Institute Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results race/ethnicity groups.Thyroid. 2010; 20: 465-473
- Utilization of total thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer in the United States.Surgery. 2007; 142: 906-913
- Outcomes of thyroid cancer in African-Americans.Ethn Dis. 2011; 21: 210-215
- Role of epigenetics in cancer health disparities.Methods Mol Biol. 2012; 863: 395-410
- The influence of race and ethnicity on the biology of cancer.Nat Rev Cancer. 2012; 12: 648-654
- Associations between body mass index and clinico-pathological characteristics of papillary thyroid cancer.Clinc Endocrinol. 2013; 78: 134-140
National Cancer Institute. SEER registry groupings for analyses. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/registries/terms.html. Accessed August 18, 2012.
- Long-term impact of initial surgical and medical therapy on papillary and follicular thyroid cancer.Am J Med. 1994; 97: 418-428
- American Joint Committee on Cancer staging manual.6th ed. Springer-Verlag, New York2002
- The prognostic value of primary tumor size in papillary and follicular carcinoma.Cancer. 2005; 103: 2269-2273
- Clinical and histological characteristics of papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: results of a retrospective study in 243 patients.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 2171-2178
- Predictive factors for node involvement in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Univariate and multivariate analyses.Eur J Cancer. 1999; 35: 420-423
- Risk factors for neck nodal metastasis in papillary thyroid microcarcinoma: a study of 1066 patients.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97: 1250-1257
National Cancer Institute. Population characteristics. National Cancer Institute Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/registries/characteristics.html. Accessed September 24, 2012.
- Admixture mapping identifies 8q24 as a prostate cancer risk locus in African-American men.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2006; 103: 14068-14073
- Aggressive variants of papillary thyroid cancer: incidence, characteristics and predictors of survival among 43,738 patients.Ann Surg Oncol. 2012; 19: 1874-1880
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.