Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Breast cancer facts and figures 2011-12.American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA2012
Ries LAG, et al. SEER cancer statistics review 1975-2005. Available at: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2005/.
- Impact of surgery and chemotherapy on the quality of life of younger women with breast carcinoma.Cancer. 2001; 92: 1288-1298
- Quality of life among younger women with breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 3322-3330
- Reliability and validity of the functional assessment of cancer therapy breast quality-of-life instrument.J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 974-986
- Quality of life in stage II breast cancer: an instrument for clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 1988; 6: 1798-1810
- The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer breast cancer-specific quality-of-life questionnaire module: first results from a three-country field study.J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 2756-2768
- Body image and sexual problems in young women with breast cancer.Psycho-Oncology. 2006; 15: 579-594
- Premature ovarian failure and its consequences: vasomotor symptoms, sexuality, and fertility.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 753-758
- Effect of esthetic outcome after breast-conserving surgery on psychosocial functioning and quality of life.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3331-3337
- Quality of life after breast carcinoma surgery.Cancer. 2001; 91: 1238-1246
- Sexual problems in younger women after breast cancer surgery.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 2815-2821
- Quality of life, fertility concerns, and behavioral health outcomes in younger breast cancer survivors: a systematic review.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012; 104: 386-405
- Quinn G. Vadaparampil S. Reproductive health and cancer. Springer, New York2012
- Having children after cancer.Cancer. 1999; 86: 697-709
- Discussion of fertility preservation with newly diagnosed patients: oncologists' views.J Cancer Surviv. 2007; 1: 146-155
- Trends of socioeconomic disparities in referral patterns for fertility preservation consultation.Hum Reprod. 2012; 27: 2076-2081
- Fertility preservation in women undergoing treatment for breast cancer in the U.K.: a questionnaire study.Oncologist. 2012; 17: 910-916
- The costs of treating breast cancer in the US: a synthesis of published evidence.Pharmacoeconomics. 2009; 27: 199-209
- Assessing the economic burden of breast cancer in a US managed care population.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2008; 109: 367-377
- Patient time costs associated with cancer care.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 14-23
- Psychological reactions, quality of life, and body image after bilateral prophylactic mastectomy in women at high risk for breast cancer: a prospective 1-year follow-up study.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 3943-3949
- Satisfaction after contralateral prophylactic mastectomy: the significance of mastectomy type, reconstructive complications, and body appearance.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 7849-7856
- Contralateral prophylactic mastectomy in breast cancer patients with a family history: a prospective 2-years follow-up study of health related quality of life, sexuality and body image.Eur J Cancer. 2012; 48: 3150-3156
This study was supported by the Pain and Palliative Care Department at Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa, FL).
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.