Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Senn N. The surgery of the pancreas as based upon experiments and clinical researches. In: Doran WJ, ed. Philadelphia, 1886:71–107.
- The symptomatology and diagnosis of diseases of the pancreas.Proc NY Path Soc. 1898; 43: 1-26
- Management of severe acute pancreatitis: a surgical odyssey.Ann Surg. 2010; 251: 6-17
- Surgical treatment of necrotizing pancreatitis by necrosectomy and closed lavage: changing patient characteristics and outcome in a 19-year, single-center series.Surgery. 2005; 138: 28-39
- Surgical treatment of severe acute pancreatitis: timing of operation is crucial for survival.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2003; 4: 205-211
- Interventions for necrotizing pancreatitis: summary of a multidisciplinary consensus conference.Pancreas. 2012; 41: 1176-1194
- Pancreatic necrosectomy: North American mortality is much lower than expected.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 209: 712-719
- Declining morbidity and mortality rates in the surgical management of pancreatic necrosis.J Gastrointest Surg. 2007; 11: 43-49
- A conservative and minimally invasive approach to necrotizing pancreatitis improves outcome.Gastroenterology. 2011; 141: 1254-1263
- A step-up approach or open necrosectomy for necrotizing pancreatitis.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1491-1502
- Perioperative mortality for pancreatectomy: a national perspective.Ann Surg. 2007; 246: 246-253
- National estimates of mortality rates for radical pancreaticoduodenectomy in 25,000 patients.Ann Surg Oncol. 2002; 9: 847-854
- In-hospital mortality after pancreatic resection for chronic pancreatitis: population-based estimates from the nationwide inpatient sample.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 209: 468-476
- Admission volume determines outcome for patients with acute pancreatitis.Gastroenterology. 2009; 137: 1995-2001
HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS) (2010) Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp . Accessed January 30, 2013.
- The epidemiology of idiopathic acute pancreatitis, analysis of the nationwide inpatient sample from 1998 to 2007.Pancreas. 2013; 42: 1-5
- Laparoscopic versus open appendectomy: outcomes comparison based on a large administrative database.Ann Surg. 2004; 239: 43-52
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Validity of information on comorbidity derived from ICD-9-CCM administrative data.Med Care. 2002; 40: 675-685
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- Laparoscopic versus open hernia repair: outcomes and sociodemographic utilization results from the nationwide inpatient sample.Surg Endosc. 2013; 27: 109-117
- National hospital volume in acute pancreatitis: analysis of the Nationwide Inpatient Sample 1998-2006.HPB (Oxford). 2009; 11: 391-397
- JPN guidelines for the management of acute pancreatitis: surgical management.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2006; 13: 48-55
- Severe acute pancreatitis: prognostic factors in 270 consecutive patients.Pancreas. 2000; 21: 266-271
- Surgical management of acute pancreatitis in Italy: lessons from a prospective multicentre study.HPB (Oxford). 2010; 12: 597-604
- Debridement and closed packing for the treatment of necrotizing pancreatitis.Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 676-684
- Early surgical debridement of symptomatic pancreatic necrosis is beneficial irrespective of infection.Am J Surg. 1992; 163 (discussion 109–10): 105-109
- Classification of acute pancreatitis–2012: revision of the Atlanta classification and definitions by international consensus.Gut. 2013; 62: 102-111
- Acute necrotizing pancreatitis: treatment strategy according to the status of infection.Ann Surg. 2000; 232: 619-626
- Open treatment of pancreatic abscess.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1984; 159: 509-513
- Association between acute pancreatitis and peptic ulcer disease.World J Gastroenterol. 2011; 17: 1058-1062
- Endoscopic transgastric vs surgical necrosectomy for infected necrotizing pancreatitis: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1053-1061
- Minimal access retroperitoneal pancreatic necrosectomy: improvement in morbidity and mortality with a less invasive approach.Ann Surg. 2010; 251: 787-793
The corresponding author and all of the co-authors have no relevant conflicts of interest or support to disclose.