Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Perceptual-cognitive expertise in sport: a meta-analysis.J Sport Exerc Psychol. 2007; 29: 457-478
- Why skill matters.Trends Cogn Sci. 2013; 17: 434-441
- Visual control while aiming at a far target.J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform. 1996; 22: 342-354
- Perceptual training: what can be trained?.in: Hodges N.J. Williams A.M. Skill Acquisition in Sport: Research, Theory and Practice. Routledge, London2012: 306-324
- Eye Gaze Patterns Differentiate Novice and Experts in a Virtual Laparoscopic Surgery Training Environment. Eye Tracking Research & Applications Symposium on Eye Tracking Research & Applications.ACM Press, NY2004: 41-48
- Psychomotor control in a virtual laparoscopic surgery training environment: gaze control parameters differentiate novices from experts.Surg Endosc. 2010; 24: 2458-2464
- Expert surgeon’s quiet eye and slowing down: expertise differences in performance and quiet eye duration during identification and dissection of the recurrent laryngeal nerve.Am J Surg. 2014; 207: 187-193
Vickers JN, Harvey A, Snelgrove R, et al. Expertise differences in quiet eye duration during surgical knot tying. Int J Sport Psychol (in press).
- Training quiet eye improves accuracy in the basketball free throw.Sport Psychol. 2001; 15: 289-305
- Quiet eye training expedites motor learning and aids performance under heightened anxiety: the roles of response programming and external attention.Psychophysiology. 2012; 49: 1005-1015
- Advances in coupling perception and action: the quiet eye as a bidirectional link between gaze, attention, and action.Prog Brain Res. 2009; 174: 279-288
- The effects of training visual attention on gaze behaviour and accuracy: a pilot study.Int J Sports Vis. 1997; 4: 28-33
- Quiet eye training facilitates competitive putting performance in elite golfers.Front Psychol. 2011; 2: 8
- Quiet eye training in a visuomotor control task.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011; 43: 1042-1049
- Gaze training enhances laparoscopic technical skill acquisition and multi-tasking performance: a randomized, controlled study.Surg Endosc. 2011; 25: 3731-3739
- The assessment of surgical skills and a simple knot-tying exercise.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2001; 83: 69-73
- The importance of surgeon experience for clinical and economic outcomes from thyroidectomy.Ann Surg. 1998; 228: 320
- A cost-effective proficiency-based knot-tying and suturing curriculum for residency programs.J Surg Res. 2007; 141: 7-15
- Quiet eye duration and gun motion in elite shotgun shooting.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010; 42: 1599-1608
- Location of fixation, landing position of the ball and accuracy during the free throw.Int J Sports Vis. 1996; 3: 54-60
- Perception, Cognition and Decision Training: The Quiet Eye in Action.Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL2007
- Slowing down to stay out of trouble in the operating room: remaining attentive in automaticity.Acad Med. 2010; 85: 1571-1577
- Quiet eye duration, expertise, and task complexity in near and far aiming tasks.J Mot Behav. 2002; 34: 197-207
- Use of simple reaction time in motor programming studies: a reply to Klapp, Wyatt and Lingo.J Mot Behav. 1980; 12: 163-168
- Expertise in medicine: using the expert performance approach to improve simulation training.Med Educ. 2014; 48: 115-123
Funding was provided by the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons, Canada and the University of Calgary Program for Undergraduate Research Experience.
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.