Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of obesity among adults: United States, 2011-2012.NCHS Data Brief. 2013; : 1-8
- Obesity is an independent risk factor for GERD symptoms and erosive esophagitis.Am J Gastroenterol. 2005; 100: 1243-1250
- Obesity: a challenge to esophagogastric junction integrity.Gastroenterology. 2006; 130: 639-649
- Central adiposity and risk of Barrett’s esophagus.Gastroenterology. 2007; 133: 403-411
- Association between body mass and adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastric cardia.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 883-890
- Laparoscopic treatment of obese patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease and Barrett’s esophagus: a prospective study.Obes Surg. 2012; 22: 764-772
- [Effects of gastric bypass on erosive esophagitis in obese subjects].Rev Med Chil. 2006; 134: 285-290
- Effect of gastric bypass on Barrett's esophagus and intestinal metaplasia of the cardia in patients with morbid obesity.J Gastrointest Surg. 2006; 10: 259-264
- Obesity adversely affects the outcome of antireflux operations.Surg Endosc. 2001; 15: 986-989
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass after antireflux surgery for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux in morbidly obese patients: initial experience.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 1373-1380
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease and morbid obesity: is there a relation?.World J Surg. 2009; 33: 2034-2038
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.