Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Features and uses of high-fidelity medical simulations that lead to effective learning: a BEME systematic review.Med Teach. 2005; 27: 10-28
- The utility of simulation in medical education: what is the evidence?.Mt Sinai J Med. 2009; 76: 330-343
- Simulation for learning and teaching procedural skills: the state of the science.Simul Healthc. 2011; : S10-S13
- Implementation of an intern boot camp curriculum to address clinical competencies under the new accreditation council for graduate medical education supervision requirements and duty hour restrictions.JAMA Surg. 2013; 148: 727-732
- Gearing up for milestones in surgery: will simulation play a role?.Surgery. 2015; 158: 1421-1427
- An immersive “simulation week” enhances clinical performance of incoming surgical interns improved performance persists at 6 months follow-up.Surgery. 2015; 157: 432-443
- Prospective randomized trial of simulation versus didactic teaching for obstetrical emergencies.Simul Healthc. 2010; 5: 40-45
- Recognizing and managing a deteriorating patient: a randomized controlled trial investigating the effectiveness of clinical simulation in improving clinical performance in undergraduate nursing students.J Adv Nurs. 2015; 71: 2563-2574
- Prospective randomized comparison of standard didactic lecture versus high-fidelity simulation for radiology resident contrast reaction management training.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 196: 1288-1295
- Should we measure intra-abdominal pressures in every intensive care patient?.Ann Intensive Care. 2012; : S9
- Intra-abdominal hypertension and the abdominal compartment syndrome: updated consensus definitions and clinical practice guidelines from the world society of the abdominal compartment syndrome.Intensive Care Med. 2013; 39: 1190-1206
- What is normal intra-abdominal pressure and how is it affected by positioning, body mass and positive end-expiratory pressure?.Intensive Care Med. 2009; 35: 969-976
- Intra-abdominal hypertension in the critically ill: interrater reliability of bladder pressure measurement.J Crit Care. 2013; 28: 886.e1-886.e6
- Reproducibility of bladder pressure measurements in critically ill patients.Intensive Care Med. 2007; 33: 1195-1198
- Intra-abdominal measurement techniques: is there anything new?.Am Surg. 2011; : S17-S22
- The evaluation of the effect of body positioning on intra-abdominal pressure measurement and the effect of intra-abdominal pressure at different body positioning on organ function and prognosis in critically ill patients.J Crit Care. 2012; 27: 222.e1-222.e6
- Use of simulation-based mastery learning to improve the quality of central venous catheter placement in a medical intensive care unit.J Hosp Med. 2009; 4: 397-403
- An overview of research priorities in surgical simulation: what the literature shows has been achieved during the 21st century and what remains.Am J Surg. 2016; 211: 214-225
- Didactic and simulation nontechnical skills team training to improve perinatal patient outcomes in a community hospital.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2011; 37: 357-364
- Efficacy of simulation-based trauma team training of non-technical skills. A systematic review.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2014; 58: 775-787
- Does individual experience affect performance during cardiopulmonary resuscitation with additional external distractors?.Anaesthesia. 2014; 69: 983-989
- The role of nontechnical skills in simulated trauma resuscitation.J Surg Educ. 2015; 72: 732-739
- Is the skillset obtained in surgical simulation transferable to the operating theatre?.Am J Surg. 2014; 207: 146-157
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This project was supported by the OhioHealth resident research fund.