Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Liaison Committee on Medical Education. Functions and Structure of a Medical School: Standards for Accreditation of Medical Education Programs Leading to the M.D. Degree, March 2014 Standards and Elements Effective July 1, 2015. Section 9.7 Formative Assessment and Feedback. Available at: http://lcme.org/wp-content/uploads/filebase/standards/2015-16_Functions-and-Structure-2015-6-16.docx. Accessed September 1, 2016.
- Self-assessment in the health professions: a reformulation and research agenda.Acad Med. 2005; 80: S46-S54
- A new vocabulary and other innovations for improving descriptive in-training evaluations.Acad Med. 1999; 74: 1203-1207
- The R-I-M-E method for evaluation of medical students on an obstetrics and gynecology clerkship.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 189: 666-669
- To the point: medical education review of the RIME method for the evaluation of medical student clinical performance.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007 Aug; 197: 123-133
- Evaluation, grading, and use of the RIME vocabulary on internal medicine clerkships: results of a national survey and comparison to other clinical clerkships.Teach Learn Med. 2008; 20: 118-126
- Reporter-Interpreter-Manager-Educator (RIME) descriptive ratings as an evaluation tool in an emergency medicine clerkship.J Emerg Med. 2012; 43: 720-727
- To the point: medical education reviews – Dealing with student difficulties in the clinical setting.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 1915-1922
- Utilization of a formative evaluation card in a psychiatry clerkship.Acad Psychiatry. 2006; 30: 319-324
- Mid-clerkship feedback is effective in changing students' recorded patient encounters.Fam Med. 2011; 43: 586-588
- Lessons learnt: pilot of mid rotation feedback.J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2013; 23: 97-98
- Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one's own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1999; 77: 1121-1134
The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
This research is supported in part by the Josiah S. Macy, Jr. Foundation and the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations.