- •This study was undertaken to determine if survival after resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma has improved.
- •The SEER database was queried for patients who underwent pancreatectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma from 1992–2010.
- •From 1992–2010, patients lived more years but without improved 5-year survival.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Long-term survival after resection for ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Is it really improving?.Ann Surg. 1995; 221: 59-66
- Long-term survival after curative resection for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Clinicopathologic analysis of 5-year survivors.Ann Surg. 1996; 223: 273-279
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma: putting a hump in survival.J Am Coll Surg. 2007; 205: S76-S80
- Surgical treatment of pancreatic adenocarcinoma; actual survival and prognostic factors in 343 patients.Eur J cancer (Oxford, Engl 1990). 2004; 40: 549-558
- Six hundred fifty consecutive pancreaticoduodenectomies in the 1990s: pathology, complications, and outcomes.Ann Surg. 1997; 226 (discussion 57–60): 248-257
- The whipple resection for cancer in U.S. Department of veterans affairs hospitals.Ann Surg. 1995; 221: 241-248
- Pancreas cancer resection outcome in American University centers in 1989–1990.Cancer. 1993; 71: 3502-3508
- Prognostic factors in resected pancreatic adenocarcinoma: analysis of actual 5-year survivors.J Am Coll Surg. 2004; 198: 722-731
- Pancreatic cancer. Adjuvant combined radiation and chemotherapy following curative resection.Arch Surg. 1985; 120: 899-903
- Improvements in survival and clinical benefit with gemcitabine as first-line therapy for patients with advanced pancreas cancer: a randomized trial.J Clin Oncol. 1997; 15: 2403-2413
- Pancreatic Cancer Treatment Cost.2015 (Available from:)
- Pancreatic Cancer Research. Funding and Survival Comparisons with Other Cancers.2015 (Available from:)
- What Are the Risk Factors for Pancreatic Cancer?.2015 (Available from:)
- How Many People Get Pancreatic Cancer?.2015 (Available from:)http://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreaticcancer/overviewguide/pancreatic-cancer-overview-key-statistics
- SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2011.National Cancer Institute, 2014
- Longterm survival after pancreaticoduodenectomy for periampullary adenocarcinomas.HPB Oxf. 2013; 15: 951-957
- Long-term survival in pancreatic cancer: pylorus-preserving versus whipple pancreatoduodenectomy.Surgery. 1997; 122: 553-566
- Surgical treatment of pancreatic adenocarcinoma using cephalic duodenopancreatectomy (Part 2). Long term follow up after 204 cases.Cir Esp. 2010; 88: 374-382
- One hundred and forty-five consecutive pancreaticoduodenectomies without mortality.Ann Surg. 1993; 217 (discussion 5–8): 430-435
- A contemporary analysis of survival for resected pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.HPB Oxf. 2013; 15: 49-60
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma: complete tumor extirpation improves survival benefit despite larger tumors for patients who undergo distal pancreatectomy and splenectomy.J Gastrointest Surg. 2012; 16: 376-381