- •With hospitals integrating into health care systems, there are no processes in place to absorb surgical practices.
- •We created a community surgical division for an academic health care system, as it integrated 3 community hospitals.
- •Physician leadership, infrastructure and resources create a culture which led to recruitment of community surgeons.
- •The appointment of a faculty leader embedded into the community was key to its success.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The employed surgeon: a changing professional paradigm.JAMA Surg. 2013 Apr; 148 (PubMed PMID: 23715861): 323-328https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2013.1013
- Surgeons as hospital employees. Good, bad, or indifferent?.JAMA Surg. 2013 Apr; 148 (PubMed PMID: 23715881): 329-330https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2013.1021
- Improving clinical productivity in an academic surgical practice through transparency.J Am Coll Surg. 2013 Jul; 217 (discussion 51-5 PubMed PMID: 2362822): 46-51https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2013.01.066
- How vertical integration affects the quantity. and cost of care for Medicare beneficiaries.J Health Econ. 2017 Jan 17; 52 ([Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28182998): 19-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhealeco.2016.12.007
- A Profession in Transition. New York Times,
April 22, 2011http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/04/23/health/doctors-graphic.html?_r=0Date accessed: February 21, 2017
- A model for integrating ambulatory surgery centers into an academic health system using a novel ambulatory surgery coordinating council.Acad Med. 2016 Jun; 91 (PubMed PMID: 26934690): 803-806https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000001135
- Impact of enhanced recovery after surgery and fast track surgery pathways on healthcare-associated infections: results from a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Surg. 2017 Jan; 265: 68-79
- Assessment of endoscope reprocessing using. Peer-to-Peer assessment through a clinical community.Joint Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2016 Jun; 42 (PubMed PMID: 27184242): 265-270