- •The recurrence rate for IORT patients (mean follow-up: 55 months) was 5.4%.
- •ASTRO suitability criteria were useful in IORT patient selection.
- •21-gene recurrence score provided predictive chemotherapy benefit for IORT patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intraoperative radiotherapy versus external radiotherapy for early breast cancer (ELIOT): a randomised controlled equivalence trial.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 1269-1277
- Risk-adapted targeted intraoperative radiotherapy versus whole- breast radiotherapy for breast cancer: 5-year results for local control and overall survival from the TARGIT-A randomized trial.Lancet. 2014; 383: 603-613
- TARGIT-R (retrospective): North American experience with intraoperative radiation using low-kilovoltage x-rays for breast cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 2809-2815
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for early breast cancer and age: clinical characteristics and outcomes.Am J Surg. 2015; 210: 624-629
- Early results of a multi-center trial of IORT using electronic brachytherapy for breast cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2016; 119: S464
- Multi-center study on patient selection for and the oncologic safety of intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) with the Xoft Axxent (R) eBx(R) system for the management of early stage breast cancer in Taiwan.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0185876
- Acute and chronic complications in breast cancer patients treated with intraoperative radiation therapy.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 3304-3309
- Five year results of a multicenter trial utilizing electronic brachytherapy to deliver intraoperative radiation therapy in the treatment of early-stage breast cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 93: E24-E25
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation consensus statement from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 987-1001
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation: executive summary for the update of an ASTRO evidence-based consensus statement.Pract Radiat Oncol. 2017; 7: 73-79
- A multigene assay to predict recurrence of tamoxifen-treated, node-negative breast cancer.NEJM. 2004; 351: 2817-2826
- Association between the 21-gene recurrence score assay and risk of locoregional recurrence in node-negative, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer: results from NSABP B-14 and NSABP B-20.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1677-1683
- Prospective validation of a 21-gene expression assay in breast cancer.NEJM. 2015; 373: 2005-2014
- Breast conserving surgery with or without irradiation in women aged 65 years or older with early breast cancer (PRIME II): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 266-273
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women age 70 years or older with early breast cancer: long-term follow-up of CALGB 9343.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2382-2386
- How do the ASTRO consensus statement guidelines for the application of accelerated partial breast irradiation fit intraoperative radiotherapy? A retrospective analysis of patients treated at the European Institute of Oncology.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012; 83: 806-813
- Adherence to adjuvant hormonal therapy among breast cancer survivors in clinical practice: a systematic review.Breast Canc Res Treat. 2012; 134: 459-478
- Early discontinuation and non-adherence to adjuvant hormonal therapy are associated with increased mortality in women with breast cancer.Breast Canc Res Treat. 2011; 126: 529-537