- •Proximal and distal gastric cancers are biologically different but landmark trials have not segregated these.
- •The best approach for distal gastric cancer is debated.
- •There was no difference in OS and DFS between the perioperative and Upfront resection with adjuvant chemotherapy groups.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Current adjuvant treatment modalities for gastric cancer: from history to the future.World J Gastrointest Oncol. 2016 May 15; 8: 439-449
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2006 Jul 6; 355: 11-20
- Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction.N Engl J Med. 2001 Sep 6; 345: 725-730
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine.N Engl J Med. 2007 Nov 1; 357: 1810-1820
- Perioperative chemotherapy with fluorouracil plus leucovorin, oxaliplatin, and docetaxel versus fluorouracil or capecitabine plus cisplatin and epirubicin for locally advanced, resectable gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (FLOT4): a randomised, phase 2/3 trial.Lancet. 2019 May 11; 393: 1948-1957
- Comparison on clinicopathological features, treatments and prognosis between proximal gastric cancer and distal gastric cancer: a national cancer data base analysis.J Cancer. 2019; 10: 3145-3153
- Oesophageal adenocarcinoma and gastric cancer: should we mind the gap?.Nat Rev Cancer. 2016 Apr 26; 16: 305-318
- Upgrading the definition of early gastric cancer: better staging means more appropriate treatment.Cancer Biol Med. 2015 Dec; 12: 355-361
- Adjuvant capecitabine and oxaliplatin for gastric cancer after D2 gastrectomy (CLASSIC): a phase 3 open-label, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2012 Jan 28; 379: 315-321
- D2 lymphadenectomy is not only safe but necessary in the era of neoadjuvant chemotherapy.World J Surg Oncol. 2013 Feb 2; 11: 31
- Classification of nodal stations in gastric cancer.Transl Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 2: 2
- Perioperative epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine chemotherapy in locally advanced gastric cancer: safety and feasibility in an interim survival analysis.J Gastric Cancer. 2017 Mar; 17: 21-32
- Epirubicin, oxaliplatin, and capectabine is just as "MAGIC"al as epirubicin, cisplatin, and fluorouracil perioperative chemotherapy for resectable locally advanced gastro-oesophageal cancer.J Cancer Res Therapeut. 2014 Oct-Dec; 10: 866-870
- Pathologic assessment of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy of esophageal carcinoma. Clinicopathologic correlations.Cancer. 1994 Jun 1; 73: 2680-2686
- The Clavien-Dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann Surg. 2009 Aug; 250: 187-196
- Randomised comparison of morbidity after D1 and D2 dissection for gastric cancer in 996 Dutch patients.Lancet. 1995 Mar 25; 345: 745-748
- Surgical treatment of gastric cancer: 15-year follow-up results of the randomised nationwide Dutch D1D2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2010 May; 11: 439-449
- Perioperative chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma: an FNCLCC and FFCD multicenter phase III trial.J Clin Oncol. 2011 May 1; 29: 1715-1721
- Which is better for gastric cancer patients, perioperative or adjuvant chemotherapy: a meta-analysis.BMC Cancer. 2016 Aug 12; 16: 631
- Perioperative chemotherapy more of a benefit for overall survival than adjuvant chemotherapy for operable gastric cancer: an updated Meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2015 Aug 5; 5: 12850
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy for high-grade advanced gastric cancer.World J Surg. 1993 Mar-Apr; 17 (; discussion 61-2): 256-261
- [Long-term outcome of preoperative chemotherapy with 5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5'-DFUR) for gastric cancer].Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2000 Sep; 27: 1521-1526
- A randomized consent design trial of neoadjuvant chemotherapy with tegafur plus uracil (UFT) for gastric cancer--a single institute study.Anticancer Res. 2004 May-Jun; 24: 1879-1887
- [A clinical study of paclitaxel combined with FOLFOX4 regimen as neoadjuvant chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer].Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2010 Sep; 13: 664-667
- Treatment of Borrmann type IV gastric cancer with a neoadjuvant chemotherapy combination of docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil/leucovorin.J Int Med Res. 2011; 39: 2096-2102
- Radical gastrectomy for gastric cancer at Tata memorial hospital.Indian J Cancer. 2017 Oct-Dec; 54: 605-608
- Neo-AEGIS (neoadjuvant trial in adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and esophago-gastric junction international study): preliminary results of phase III RCT of CROSS versus perioperative chemotherapy (modified MAGIC or FLOT protocol).. 2021; 39 (NCT01726452): 4004