- •Wound packing is a necessary but daunting skill for inexperienced responders to save lives.
- •Remote telementoring by an expert can improve the performance of a less experienced responder in simulation.
- •Pre-procedure viewing of a video presentation (video-modelling) can also improve the performance of a less experienced responder in simulation.
- •As first responders must often perform out-of-scope to save lives, medical informatics should be utilized to aid and reassure them in these duties.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Death on the battlefield (2001-2011): implications for the future of combat casualty care.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 73: S431-S437
- Impact of hemorrhage on trauma outcome: an overview of epidemiology, clinical presentations, and therapeutic considerations.J Trauma. 2006; 60: S3-S11
- Advanced hemostatic dressings are not superior to gauze for care under fire scenarios.J Trauma. 2011; 70: 1413-1419
- Abbreviated closure for remote damage control laparotomy in extreme environments: a randomized trial of sutures versus wound clamps comparing terrestrial and weightless conditions.Am J Surg. 2017; 213: 862-869
- Working toward equity in emergencies (we) through stop the bleed: a pilot collaborative health program with the Somali community in Seattle.Am J Surg. 2020; 219: 756-763
- Prehospital use of hemostatic dressings by the Israel Defense Forces Medical Corps: a case series of 122 patients.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015; 79: S204-S209
- Wound Packing 101: hemorrhage control when it's more than skin deep.JEMS. 2017; 42: 40-45
- Joint Committee to create a National Policy to enhance survivability from Intentional mass casualty shooting E. The Hartford Consensus IV: a call for increased National resilience.Conn Med. 2016; 80: 239-244
- Joint Committee to create a National Policy to enhance survivability from Intentional M-C, active shooter E. The Hartford Consensus III. Implementation of bleeding control.J Spec Oper Med. 2015; 15: 136-141
- Initial steps in training the public about bleeding control: surgeon participation and evaluation.J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 224: 1084-1090
- What Everyone Should Know to Stop Bleeding after an Injury.American College of Surgeons, 2017 (Available from)
- Application of current hemorrhage control techniques for backcountry care: part two, hemostatic dressings and other adjuncts.Wilderness Environ Med. 2015; 26: 246-254
- Stop the bleed education Consortium: education program content and delivery recommendations.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018; 84: 205-210
- The clinical and technical evaluation of a remote telementored telesonography system during the acute resuscitation and transfer of the injured patient.J Trauma. 2008; 65: 1209-1216
- Point-of-care resuscitation research: from extreme to mainstream: trauma association of Canada Fraser Gurd lecture 2019.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 87: 571-581
- The Damage Control Surgery in Austere Environments Research Group (DCSAERG): a dynamic program to facilitate real-time telementoring/telediagnosis to address exsanguination in extreme and austere environments.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 83: S156-S163
- Remote just-in-time telementored trauma ultrasound: a double-factorial randomized controlled trial examining fluid detection and remote knobology control through an ultrasound graphic user interface display.Am J Surg. 2016; 211: 894-902 e1
- Promotion and protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the right to development.([A/HRC/17/27]. Available from)
- A meta-analysis of video modeling and video self-modeling interventions for children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder.Except Child. 2007; 73: 264-287
- To Watch before or Listen while Doing? A Randomized Pilot of Video-Modeling versus Telementored Tube Thoracostomy Prehosp Disaster Med.2022
- The impact of a mobile phone application for retention of bleeding control skills.J Surg Res. 2021; 267: 669-677
- Effectiveness of instructional interventions for hemorrhage control readiness for laypersons in the public access and tourniquet training study (PATTS): a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 791-799
- The addition of high-technology into the stop the bleed program among school personnel improves short-term skill application, not long-term retention.Simul Healthc. 2021;
- Just-in-Time to save lives: a pilot study of layperson tourniquet application.Acad Emerg Med. 2015; 22: 1113-1117
- FAST at MACH 20: clinical ultrasound aboard the International Space Station.J Trauma. 2005; 58: 35-39
- Evaluation of shoulder integrity in space: first report of musculoskeletal US on the International Space Station.Radiology. 2005; 234: 319-322
- User's perceptions of remote trauma telesonography.J Telemed Telecare. 2009; 15: 251-254
- Cost-effective remote iPhone-teathered telementored trauma telesonography.J Trauma. 2010; 69: 1597-1599
- Simple, almost anywhere, with almost anyone: remote low-cost telementored resuscitative lung ultrasound.J Trauma. 2011; 71: 1528-1535
- Help is in your pocket: the potential accuracy of smartphone- and laptop-based remotely guided resuscitative telesonography.Telemed J e Health. 2013; 19 (the official journal of the American Telemedicine Association): 924-930
- A randomized trial of mentored vs nonmentored military Medics compared in the application of a wound clamp without prior training: when to shut up and just watch.Mil Med. 2020; 185: 67-72
- The marriage of surgical simulation and telementoring for damage-control surgical training of operational first responders: a pilot study.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015; 79: 741-747
- The AI-Medic: an artificial inteligent mentor for trauma surgery.in: Computer Metheods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization. 9. 2021: 313-321 (3)
- Video modelling to educate patients.J Adv Nurs. 2001; 33: 748-757
- New app teaches citizens to "stop the bleed", save a life.(Available from)https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Article/Article/1556732/new-app-teaches-citizens-to-stop-the-bleed-save-a-life/Date: 2018
- Transoceanic telementoring of tube thoracostomy insertion: a randomized controlled trial of telementored versus unmentored insertion of tube thoracostomy by military medical technicians.Telemed J e Health. 2018;