- •Combining TI-RADS score with Bethesda diagnostic grouping allows for more accurate preoperative thyroid nodule ROM estimation.
- •TI-RADS score of 5 increases the ROM estimation for thyroid nodules with any Bethesda diagnosis.
- •For Bethesda diagnostic groupings less than VI, the TI-RADS score was more predictive of ROM.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The diagnosis and management of thyroid nodules a review.JAMA, J Am Med Assoc. 2018; https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.0898
- Treatment guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and well- differentiated thyroid cancer.Arch Intern Med. 1996; https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.156.19.2165
- Clinical and Economic Impact of Incidental Thyroid Lesions Found with CT and MR.American Journal of Neuroradiology., 1997
- Incidental thyroid nodules on CT: evaluation of 2 risk-categorization methods for work-up of nodules.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2013; 34: 1812-1817https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3487
- Very high prevalence of thyroid nodules detected by high frequency (13 MHz) ultrasound examination.Eur J Clin Invest. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2362.2009.02162.x
- American thyroid association management guidelines for adult patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer: the American thyroid association guidelines task force on thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer.Thyroid. 2015; 26 (2016): 1-133https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2015.0020
- The Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology.Am J Clin Pathol. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1309/AJCPPHLWMI3JV4LA
- Thyroid imaging reporting and data system score combined with Bethesda system for malignancy risk stratification in thyroid nodules with indeterminate results on cytology.Clin Endocrinol. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1111/cen.12525
- Ultrasonography scoring systems can rule out malignancy in cytologically indeterminate thyroid nodules.Endocrine. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s12020-016-1148-6
- ACR TI-RADS and ATA US scores are helpful for the management of thyroid nodules with indeterminate cytology.BMC Endocr Disord. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1186/s12902-019-0429-5
- An ultrasonogram reporting system for thyroid nodules stratifying cancer risk for clinical management.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2008-1724
- ACR thyroid imaging, reporting and data system (TI-RADS): white paper of the ACR TI-RADS committee.J Am Coll Radiol. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2017.01.046
- The presence of papillary features in thyroid nodules diagnosed as atypia of undetermined significance or follicular lesion of undetermined significance increases cancer risk and should influence treatment.Am J Surg. 2018; 215: 819-823https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2017.12.018
- The 2017 Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology.Thyroid. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2017.0500
- The Analysis of Biological Data.second ed. W.H. Freeman and Company, New York2015
- Clinico-pathological correlation of thyroid nodule ultrasound and cytology using the TIRADS and Bethesda classifications.World J Surg. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-017-3919-5
- Thyroid imaging reporting and data system combined with Bethesda classification in qualitative thyroid nodule diagnosis.Med (United States). 2019; https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000018320
- American thyroid association statement on surgical application of molecular profiling for thyroid nodules: current impact on perioperative decision making.Thyroid. 2015; 25: 760-768https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2014.0502
- Thyroid fine-needle Aspiration<subtitle>Does case volume Affect diagnostic yield and interpretation?</subtitle>.Arch Otolaryngol Neck Surg. 2011; 137: 1136https://doi.org/10.1001/archoto.2011.185