- •AutoMATiCA and manual measurements of body composition are strongly correlated.
- •Overestimation of muscle area by AutoMATiCA can be reliably adjusted for.
- •AutoMATiCA is a reliable tool for the study of sarcopenia in pancreatic cancer.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impact total psoas volume on short- and long-term outcomes in patients undergoing curative resection for pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a new tool to assess sarcopenia.J Gastrointest Surg. 2015 Sep; 19 (PubMed PMID: 25925237. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC4844366. Epub 2015/05/01. eng): 1593-1602
- Sarcopenia is an independent predictor of complications following pancreatectomy for adenocarcinoma.J Surg Oncol. 2015 May; 111 (PubMed PMID: 25556324. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC4406850. Epub 2015/01/06. eng): 771-775
- Sarcopenia is an independent predictor of complications after colorectal cancer surgery.Surg Today. 2018 Feb; 48 (PubMed PMID: 28699003. Epub 2017/07/13. eng): 151-157
- Association between sarcopenia and mortality in patients undergoing surgical excision of head and neck cancer.JAMA Otol. Head Neck. Surg. 2019 Jul 1; 145 (PubMed PMID: 31169874. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC6555480 grants from the National Institutes of Health during the conduct of the study. No other disclosures were reported. Epub 2019/06/07. eng): 647-654
- The impact of properly diagnosed sarcopenia on postoperative outcomes after gastrointestinal surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2020; 15 (PubMed PMID: 32822372. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC7446889. Epub 2020/08/22. eng)e0237740
- A practical and precise approach to quantification of body composition in cancer patients using computed tomography images acquired during routine care.Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metabol. 2008 Oct; 33 (PubMed PMID: 18923576. Epub 2008/10/17. eng): 997-1006
- Body composition assessment and sarcopenia in patients with pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.HPB. 2019 Dec; 21 (PubMed PMID: 31266698. Epub 2019/07/04. eng): 1603-1612
- Automated body composition analysis of clinically acquired computed tomography scans using neural networks.Clin.Nutr. 2020 Oct; 39 (PubMed PMID: 32007318. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC7374050. Epub 2020/02/03. eng): 3049-3055
- Influence of cachexia and sarcopenia on survival in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: a systematic review.Pancreatology. 2015 Jan-Feb; 15 (PubMed PMID: 25524484. Epub 2014/12/20. eng): 19-24
- Sarcopenia in an overweight or obese patient is an adverse prognostic factor in pancreatic cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Nov 15; 15 (PubMed PMID: 19887488. Epub 2009/11/06. eng): 6973-6979
- Sarcopenia is a reliable prognostic factor in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer receiving FOLFIRINOX chemotherapy.Pancreatology. 2019 Jan; 19 (PubMed PMID: 30473464. Epub 2018/11/27. eng): 127-135
- Prevalence and clinical implications of sarcopenic obesity in patients with solid tumours of the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts: a population-based study.Lancet Oncol. 2008 Jul; 9 (PubMed PMID: 18539529. Epub 2008/06/10. eng): 629-635
- The impact of sarcopenia and myosteatosis on outcomes of unresectable pancreatic cancer or distal cholangiocarcinoma.Clin. Nutr. 2016 Oct; 35 (PubMed PMID: 26411749. Epub 2015/09/29. eng): 1103-1109
- Clinical significance of skeletal muscle density and sarcopenia in patients with pancreatic cancer undergoing first-line chemotherapy: a retrospective observational study.BMC Cancer. 2021 Jan 18; 21 (PubMed PMID: 33461517. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC7814715. Epub 2021/01/20. eng): 77
- The IMPACT study: early loss of skeletal muscle mass in advanced pancreatic cancer patients.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2019 Apr; 10 (PubMed PMID: 30719874. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC6463465. Epub 2019/02/06. eng): 368-377
- Skeletal muscle depletion predicts the prognosis of patients with advanced pancreatic cancer undergoing palliative chemotherapy, independent of body mass index.PLoS One. 2015; 10 (PubMed PMID: 26437072. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC4593598. Epub 2015/10/06. eng)e0139749
- Maintenance of skeletal muscle mass during FOLFIRINOX is a favorable prognostic factor in pancreatic cancer patients.BMC Res Notes. 2021 Jul 15; 14 (PubMed PMID: 34266478. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC8281692. Epub 2021/07/17. eng): 272
- Prognostic impact of early nutritional support in patients affected by locally advanced and metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma undergoing chemotherapy.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2018 May; 72 (PubMed PMID: 29581564. Epub 2018/03/28. eng): 772-779
- Exercise medicine in the management of pancreatic cancer: a systematic review.Pancreas. 2021 Mar 1; 50 (PubMed PMID: 33835957. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC8041568. Epub 2021/04/10. eng): 280-292