- •Ambulatory Colectomy is safe and reproducible in select patients.
- •Preoperative education and understanding of the procedure are reviewed and confirmed through patient teach back methods.
- •Patient, physician, and support team communication is vital to success.
- •Strict inclusion and exclusion criteria are necessary to ensure patient safety.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The robotic approach significantly reduces length of stay after colectomy: a propensity score – matched analysis.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2017 Oct; 32: 1415-1421
- Comparison of 30 – day postoperative outcomes after laparoscopic vs robotic colectomy.J Am Coll Surg. 2016, Aug; 233: 369-373
- Considering value in rectal cancer surgery: an analysis of costs and outcomes based on the open, laparoscopic, and robotic approach for proctectomy.Ann Surg. 2017, May; 265: 960-968
- Operative time and length of stay is similar between robotic assisted and laparoscopic colon and rectal resections.J Robot Surg. 2018, Dec; 12: 659-664
- Perioperative outcomes and trends in the use of robotic colectomy for medicare beneficiaries from 2010 through 2016.JAMA Surg. 2020, Oct; 155: 41-49
- Short – term outcomes of minimally invasive versus open colectomy for colon cancer.J Surg Res. 2016, July; 204: 83-93
- Reduced length of hospital stay in colorectal surgery after implementation of an enhanced Recovery protocol.Anesth Analg. 2014, May; 118: 1052-1061
- Impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic on surgical practice – Part 2 (surgical prioritisation).Int J Surg. 2020, Jul; 79: 233-248
- Is same – day and next – day discharge after laparoscopic colectomy reasonable in select patients?.Dis Colon Rectum. 2020, Oct; 63: 1427-1435
- Outpatient colectomy – a dream or reality.Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings. 2021, Sept;
- Short – term outcomes of ambulatory colectomy for 157 consecutive patients.Ann Surg. 2019 Aug; 270: 317-321
- Eligibility criteria for ambulatory colectomy.J Vis Surg. 2020, Dec;
- Improvement of peri – operative patient management to enable outpatient colectomy.J Vis Surg. 2016, Nov; 153: 333-337
- Outpatient colectomy within an enhanced Recovery program.J Vis Surg. 2015, Feb; 152: 11-15