- McMurtrie B.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Women in academic medicine leadership: has anything changed in 25 years?.Acad Med. 2016; 91 (8): 1053-1056
- How to Do a Better Job of Searching for Diversity.The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2016https://www.chronicle.com/article/how-to-do-a-better-job-of-searching-for-diversity/Date accessed: October 27, 2021
- Reducing implicit gender leadership bias in academic medicine with an educational intervention.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 1143-1150
- Diversification of academic surgery, its leadership, and the importance of intersectionality.JAMA Surg. Aug 01 2021; 156: 748-756
- Bias mitigation in cardiothoracic recruitment.Ann Thorac Surg. 2021 Jan; 111 (Epub 2020 Jul 18): 12-15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2020.07.005
- Michigan Promise working group for faculty life research. Building high-performing teams in academic surgery: the opportunities and challenges of inclusive recruitment strategies.Acad Med. 2019 Aug; 94: 1142-1145
- Measuring individual differences in implicit cognition: the implicit association test.J Pers Soc Psychol. Jun 1998; 74: 1464-1480
- What does the Implicit Association Test measure? A test of the convergent and discriminant validity of prejudice-related IATs.Exp Psychol. 2002; 49: 171-180
- Unresolved problems with the “I”, the “A”, and the “T”: a logical and psychometric critique of the Implicit Association Test (IAT).Eur Rev Soc Psychol. 2006; 17 (01/01): 74-147
- How to Think about ‘Implicit Bias’.Scientific American, 201827, 10)
- The Implicit Association Test: Flawed Science Tricks Americans into Believing They Are Unconscious Racists. The Heritage Foundation, Washington, DC2017 (December 12, 2017)
- Stereotypes about Immigrant Students and Discrimination in Grading.Luxembourg Institute of Socio-economic Research, 2021 (April 04, 2021)
Cantone JA. Federal and State Court Cooperation: Effectiveness of Implicit Bias Trainings. In: Center FJ, ed.
- Counter-stereotypical pictures as a strategy for overcoming spontaneous gender stereotypes.Front Psychol. 2015; 6: 1291
- Counter-stereotypes and images: an exploratory research and some questions.Soc Psychol Educ. 2017; 20 (2017/03/01): 1-13
- Reducing implicit bias: association of women Surgeons #HeForShe task force best practice recommendations.J Am Coll Surg. 2019; 228: 303-309https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2018.12.011
- Next steps: advocating for women in orthopaedic surgery.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2022; 30: 377-386
- Cognitive behavioral Therapy and the implementation of antiracism.JAMA Psychiatr. 2021; 78: 819-820
- Long-term reduction in implicit race bias: a prejudice habit-breaking intervention.J Exp Soc Psychol. 2012; 48 (2012/11/01/): 1267-1278
- The Role of AI in Mitigating Bias to Enhance Diversity and Inclusion.IBM, Armonk, NY2019 (March 2019)
- Investigations of Performance and Bias in Human-AI Teamwork in Hiring.2022 (arXiv preprint arXiv:2202.11812)
- Validity evidence for a novel instrument assessing medical student attitudes toward instruction in implicit bias recognition and management.BMC Med Educ. 2021; 21 (Apr 12): 205
- It can Be done! A skills-based elective in implicit bias recognition and management for preclinical medical students.Acad Med. Dec 2020; 95 (12S Addressing Harmful Bias and Eliminating Discrimination in Health Professions Learning Environments): S150-s155
Gvozdanović, Jadranka, and Katrien Maes. "Implicit Bias in Academia: A Challenge to the Meritocratic Principle and to Women's Careers–And what to Do about it." League of European Research Universities (LERU) Advice Paper No 23 (2018).
- The Great British Diversity Experiment: proving dynamic teams make better creative.The Drum. 2015;https://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/10/02/great-british-diversity-experiment-proving-dynamic-teams-make-better-creativeDate accessed: October 27, 2021
- Fostering equity & diversity in faculty recruitment.Acad Leader: The Online Journal. 2010; 8
- Cultural diversity programs to prepare for work force 2000: What's gone Wrong?.Publ Person Manag. 1997; 26 (1997/03/01): 35-41
- The search is on: engendering faculty diversity through more effective search and recruitment.Change. 2010; 42 (06/30): 27-32