- •The TBI-PRO model adequately estimates outcomes at 3, 6 and 12 months.
- •This model is built based on a patient-reported outcome measure.
- •This tool can be used at the bedside for shared-decision making.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CDC "traumatic brain injury and concussion.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/data/tbi-edhd.htmlDate accessed: May 17, 2020
- Summary health statistics for U.S. Adults: national health interview survey, 2010.Vital Health Stat. 2012; 10: 1-207
- Traumatic brain injury in older adults: epidemiology, outcomes, and future implications.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 1590-1595
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) in older adults: aging with a TBI versus incident TBI in the aged.Int Psychogeriatr. 2016; 28: 1931-1934
- Predicting 14-day mortality after severe traumatic brain injury: application of the IMPACT models in the brain trauma foundation TBI-trac(R) New York State database.J Neurotrauma. 2012; 29: 1306-1312
- Implementing shared decision making in the NHS: lessons from the MAGIC programme.BMJ. 2017; 357: j2005
- Prediction of global functional outcome and post-concussive symptoms after mild traumatic brain injury: external validation of prognostic models in the collaborative European NeuroTrauma effectiveness research in traumatic brain injury (CENTER-TBI) study.J Neurotrauma. 2021; 38: 196-209
- Acceptability and accuracy of patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs) for surveillance of breathlessness in routine lung cancer care: a mixed-method study.Lung Cancer. 2020; 147: 1-11
- Do PROMS improve outcomes in patients with depression in primary care?.BMJ. 2020; 370: m3313
- Patient-reported outcomes (PROs): putting the patient perspective in patient-centered outcomes research.Med Care. 2013; 51: S73-S79
- Recovery after mild traumatic brain injury in patients presenting to US level I trauma centers: a transforming research and clinical knowledge in traumatic brain injury (TRACK-TBI) study.JAMA Neurol. 2019; 76: 1049-1059
- Adaptive sample size determination for the development of clinical prediction models.Diagn Progn Res. 2021; 5: 6
- Transforming research and clinical knowledge in traumatic brain injury pilot: multicenter implementation of the common data elements for traumatic brain injury.J Neurotrauma. 2013 Nov 15; 30 (Epub 2013 Sep 24. PMID: 23815563; PMCID: PMC3814815): 1831-1844https://doi.org/10.1089/neu.2013.2970
- How to establish clinical prediction models.Endocrinol Metab (Seoul). 2016; 31: 38-44
- Temporal and external validation of a prediction model for adverse outcomes among inpatients with diabetes.Diabet Med. 2018; 35: 798-806
- Statistical analysis and handling of missing data in cluster randomized trials: a systematic review.Trials. 2016; 17: 72
- Prediction of long-term quality of life after severe traumatic brain injury based on variables at hospital admission.Brain Inj. 2020; 34: 203-212
- Surgical decision making in the setting of severe traumatic brain injury: a survey of neurosurgeons.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0228947
- Early prognosis in traumatic brain injury: from prophecies to predictions.Lancet Neurol. 2010; 9: 543-554
- Assessment of health-related quality of life after TBI: comparison of a disease-specific (QOLIBRI) with a generic (SF-36) instrument.Behav Neurol. 2016; 2016: 7928014
- QOLIBRI overall scale: a brief index of health-related quality of life after traumatic brain injury.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2012; 83: 1041-1047
- Innovations in stroke: the use of PROMIS and NeuroQoL scales in clinical stroke trials.Stroke. 2016; 47: e27-30
- Variable selection strategies and its importance in clinical prediction modelling.Fam Med Community Health. 2020; 8e000262
- Non-beneficial treatments in hospital at the end of life: a systematic review on extent of the problem.Int J Qual Health Care. 2016; 28: 456-469
- Outcome prediction after moderate and severe traumatic brain injury: external validation of two established prognostic models in 1742 European patients.J Neurotrauma. 2020; 38: 1377-1388
- Collaborative European NeuroTrauma effectiveness research in traumatic brain injury (CENTER-TBI): a prospective longitudinal observational study.Neurosurgery. 2015 Jan; 76 (PMID: 25525693): 67-80https://doi.org/10.1227/NEU.0000000000000575
- Black children experience worse clinical and functional outcomes after traumatic brain injury: an analysis of the National Pediatric Trauma Registry.J Trauma. 2007; 62 (; discussion 1262-1253): 1259-1262
- Predictors of elderly mortality after trauma: a novel outcome score.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2020; 88: 416-424
- The association between sociodemographic factors, frailty, and health-related quality of life in older inpatients: a cross-sectional study.Qual Life Res. 2020; 29: 3233-3241