- •Positive margins signify poor tumor biology.
- •Tumors over 4 cm in the tail are associated with positive margins.
- •Tumors in the body are associated with positive margins regardless of size.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Locally advanced pancreas cancer: staging and goals of therapy.Surgery. 2018; 163: 1053-1062https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2017.09.012
- Evaluation of the prognostic factors and significance of lymph node status in invasive ductal carcinoma of the body or tail of the pancreas.Pancreas. 2010; 39: e48-e54https://doi.org/10.1097/mpa.0b013e3181bd5cfa
- National failure to operate on early stage pancreatic cancer.Ann Surg. 2007; 246: 173-180https://doi.org/10.1097/sla.0b013e3180691579
- Pancreatic cancer: a review of clinical diagnosis, epidemiology, treatment and outcomes.World J Gastroenterol. 2018; 24: 4846-4861https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v24.i43.4846
- A systematic review of radical antegrade modular pancreatosplenectomy for adenocarcinoma of the body and tail of the pancreas.Hpb. 2017; 19: 10-15https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hpb.2016.07.014
- Left-sided pancreatic cancer.Cancer J. 2012; 18: 562-570https://doi.org/10.1097/ppo.0b013e31827596c5
- [Radical antegrade modular pancreatosplenectomy procedure in pancreatic body/tail adenocarcinoma].Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi Chin J Surg. 2016; 54: 833-838https://doi.org/10.3760/cma.j.issn.0529-5815.2016.11.009
- Neoadjuvant therapy versus upfront surgery for early‐stage left‐sided pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a propensity‐matched analysis from a national cohort of distal pancreatectomies.J Surg Oncol. 2021; 123: 245-251https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.26267
- Neoadjuvant treatment of pancreatic adenocarcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 5520 patients.World J Surg Oncol. 2017; 15: 183https://doi.org/10.1186/s12957-017-1240-2
- R0 versus R1 resection matters after pancreaticoduodenectomy, and less after distal or total pancreatectomy for pancreatic cancer.Ann Surg. 2018; 268: 1058-1068https://doi.org/10.1097/sla.0000000000002345
- Preoperative chemoradiotherapy versus immediate surgery for resectable and borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: results of the Dutch randomized phase III PREOPANC trial.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 1763-1773https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.19.02274
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma: variability in measurements of tumor size among computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and pathologic specimens.Abdom Radiol. 2020; 45: 782-788https://doi.org/10.1007/s00261-019-02125-w