- •Low Volume Blood Product Transfusion Patterns And Ratios After Injury: Highlights.
- •Platelet & plasma transfusion ratios were more balanced at low volume transfusions.
- •Transfusion ratios were increasingly unbalanced in high volume transfusions.
- •The ideal transfusion ratio in low volume trauma resuscitation is unknown.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 10 leading causes of death by age group, United States - 2018. Centers for disease control and prevention.(Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/lc-charts/leading_causes_of_death_by_age_group_2018_1100w850h.jpgDate accessed: November 17, 2021
- Outcomes of traumatic hemorrhagic shock and the epidemiology of preventable death from injury.Transfusion. 2019; 59: 1423-1428
- Novel concepts for damage control resuscitation in trauma.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2017; 23: 498-502
- Damage control resuscitation: directly addressing the early coagulopathy of trauma.J Trauma. 2007; 62: 307-310
- Balanced resuscitation in trauma management.Surg Clin. 2017; 97: 999-1014
- The role of acute blood transfusion in the development of acute respiratory distress syndrome in patients with severe trauma.J Trauma. 2005; 59: 717-723
- The association of early transfusion with acute lung injury in patients with severe injury.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 73: 825-831
- Transfusion of plasma, platelets, and red blood cells in a 1:1:1 vs a 1:1:2 ratio and mortality in patients with severe trauma: the PROPPR randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2015; 313: 471-482
- A decade of damage control resuscitation: new transfusion practice, new survivors, new directions.Ann Surg. 2021; 273: 1215-1220
- Change of transfusion and treatment paradigm in major trauma patients.Anaesthesia. 2017; 72: 1317-1326
- Level I & II TQIP: an overview.(Available at:)https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/trauma/tqp/center-programs/tqip/level-i-and-iiDate accessed: November 19, 2021
- Staying on target: maintaining a balanced resuscitation during damage-control resuscitation improves survival.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2021; 91: 841-848
- ACS TQIP massive transfusion in trauma guidelines.(Available at:)https://www.facs.org/-/media/files/quality%20programs/trauma/tqip/transfusion_guildelines.ashxDate accessed: November 17, 2021
- The PRospective observational multicenter major trauma transfusion (PROMMTT) study.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 75: S1-S2
- Massive transfusion policies at trauma centers participating in the American College of Surgeons trauma quality improvement Program.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015; 78: S48-S53
- Damage control resuscitation in patients with severe traumatic hemorrhage: a practice management guideline from the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 82: 605-617
- The confusion continues: results from an American Association for the Surgery of Trauma survey on massive transfusion practices among United States trauma centers.Transfusion. 2016; 56: 2478-2486
- Relationship between American College of Surgeons trauma center designation and mortality in patients with severe trauma (injury severity score > 15).J Am Coll Surg. 2006; 202 (; quiz A45): 212-215
- Outcomes after massive transfusion in trauma patients: variability among trauma centers.J Surg Res. 2019; 234: 110-115
- Improvement of treatment outcomes after implementation of a massive transfusion protocol: a level I trauma center experience.Am Surg. 2017; 83: 394-398
- Damage control resuscitation.J Trauma. 2007; 62: S36-S37
- Shorter times to packed red blood cell transfusion are associated with decreased risk of death in traumatically injured patients.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016; 81: 458-462
- Platelet transfusion increases risk for acute respiratory distress syndrome in non-massively transfused blunt trauma patients.Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg. 2019; 45: 671-679
- Impact of plasma transfusion in trauma patients who do not require massive transfusion.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 210: 957-965
- Optimal fluid therapy for traumatic hemorrhagic shock.Crit Care Clin. 2017; 33: 15-36
- The role of TEG and ROTEM in damage control resuscitation.Shock. 2021; 56: 52-61
- Early haemorrhage control and management of trauma-induced coagulopathy: the importance of goal-directed therapy.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2017; 23: 503-510
- Low hemorrhage-related mortality in trauma patients in a Level I trauma center employing transfusion packages and early thromboelastography-directed hemostatic resuscitation with plasma and platelets.Transfusion. 2013; 53: 3088-3099
- Goal-directed hemostatic resuscitation of trauma-induced coagulopathy: a pragmatic randomized clinical trial comparing a viscoelastic assay to conventional coagulation assays.Ann Surg. 2016; 263: 1051-1059