- •Surgery department conferences are practical for antiracism education.
- •The Cultural Complications Curriculum is useful for DEI surgical education.
- •Structured recruitment facilitates increased DEI topics at grand rounds.
- •Antiracism initiatives can be successfully coordinated under a centralized committee.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Racial/Ethnic disparities in perioperative outcomes of major procedures: results from the national surgical quality improvement program.Ann Surg. 2015; 262: 955-964https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000001078
- Racial disparities in surgery.Annals of Surgery Open. 2020; 1https://doi.org/10.1097/AS9.0000000000000023
- Surgical time out: our counts are still short on racial diversity in academic surgery.Am J Surg. 2018; 215: 542-548https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2017.06.028
- Racial bias continues to haunt NIH grants.Nature. 2015; : 286-287https://doi.org/10.1038/527286a
- Diversification of academic surgery, its leadership, and the importance of intersectionality.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156 (PMID: 33950242): 748-756https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2021.1546
- US surgeons' perceptions of racial/ethnic disparities in health care: a cross-sectional study.JAMA Surg. 2016; 151: 582-584https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2015.4901
- Cultural complications: a novel strategy to build a more inclusive culture.Ann Surg. 2021; 273 (PMID: 32740257): e97-e99https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000004219
- Speaker gender representation for anesthesiology grand rounds at a large academic medical center.J Educ Perioper Med. 2020; 22: E654https://doi.org/10.46374/volxxii-issue4-sharpe