- •Post-operative pancreatic fistula is higher in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.
- •Male sex, pancreaticoduodenectomy, small duct, and soft gland have higher leak rate.
- •Tumor stage, nodes, metastasis, race, and age were not associated with leak rate.
- •Functioning and non-functioning tumors had similar post-operative leak rates.
- •Post-operative pancreatic fistula rates did not change between 2014 and 2018.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pancreatic fistula: definition and current problems.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2008; 15: 247-251
- Pancreatic leak after left pancreatectomy is reduced following main pancreatic duct ligation.Br J Surg. 2003; 90: 190-196
- Using the NSQIP pancreatic demonstration Project to derive a modified fistula risk score for preoperative risk stratification in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy.J Am Coll Surg. 2017; 224: 816-825
- Postoperative pancreatic fistula: an international study group (ISGPF) definition.Surgery. 2005; 138: 8-13
- Pickleman J Current management of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy.Surgery. 2006; 140 (discussion 568-569): 561-568
- Distal pancreatectomy: risk factors for surgical failure in 302 consecutive cases.Ann Surg. 2007; 245: 573-582
- Pasireotide for postoperative pancreatic fistula.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 2014-2022
- Outcomes after pancreatectomy with routine pasireotide use.J Am Coll Surg. 2019; 228: 161-170.e162
- Prevention and management of pancreatic fistula.J Gastrointest Surg. 2009; 13: 163-173
- Keutgen XM Operative resection in early stage pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors in the United States: are we over- or undertreating patients?.Surgery. 2020; 167: 180-186
- ENETS consensus guidelines update for the management of patients with functional pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors and non-functional pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.Neuroendocrinology. 2016; 103: 153-171
- the North American neuroendocrine tumor society consensus paper on the surgical management of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors.Pancreas. 2020; 49: 1-33
- The 2016 update of the International Study Group (ISGPS) definition and grading of postoperative pancreatic fistula: 11 Years after.Surgery. 2017; 161: 584-591
- Extrapolation of fistula grade from the pancreatectomy participant use file of the American College of surgeons national surgical quality improvement Program (ACS-NSQIP).Surgery. 2018; 164: 1126-1134
- Pancreatic fistulae after pancreatic resections for neuroendocrine tumours compared with resections for other lesions.HPB (Oxford). 2015; 17: 38-45
- Risk and predictors of postoperative morbidity and mortality after pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms: a comparative study with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.Pancreas. 2019; 48: 504-509
- Association between pancreatic fistula and long-term survival in the era of neoadjuvant chemotherapy.JAMA Surg. 2019; 154: 943-951
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of postoperative pancreatic fistula rates using the updated 2016 International Study Group Pancreatic Fistula definition in patients undergoing pancreatic resection with soft and hard pancreatic texture.HPB (Oxford). 2018; 20: 992-1003
- Prophylactic pasireotide administration following pancreatic resection reduces cost while improving outcomes.J Surg Oncol. 2016; 113: 784-788
- Prospective evaluation of pasireotide in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy: the Washington university experience.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 226: 147-154.e141
- Carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumors: building on success.J Clin Oncol. 2015; 33: 1855-1863
- Clinical characteristics of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors in Japanese patients with von Hippel-Lindau disease.Pancreas. 2006; 33: 382-385