- •Evaluation of maternal and neonatal outcomes of women with morbid obesity who delivered before BS as compared to their counterparts who delivered after BS.
- •Diabetes mellitus, found in 67% of the women who delivered before BS. Multivariate analysis of the data comparing the before and after bariatric groups. Specifically, different in age between the 2 groups which imply correlation and not causation.
- •Women who delivered before BS compared to women who delivered after BS had higher rates of anemia, gestational diabetes, and preeclampsia.
- •Women with deliveries before BS were characterized by higher birth weight in the neonates, more cases of premature membrane rupture, and relatively high number of SGAs.
Main outcomes measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
World Health Organization. Obesity and Overweight: Fact Sheet [Internet] [cited 2019 Jan 9].
- Obesity and pregnancy: mechanisms of short term and long term adverse consequences for mother and child.BMJ. 2017; 356 (j1 10.1136/bmj.j)
- Risks associated with obesity in pregnancy, for the mother and baby: a systematic review of reviews.Obes Rev. 2015; 16: 621-638https://doi.org/10.1111/obr.12288
- Maternal body mass index and post-term birth: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Rev. 2017; 18: 293-308https://doi.org/10.1111/obr.12489
- Influence of maternal obesity on the long-term health of offspring.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017; 5: 53-64https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(16)30107-3
- Pregnancy and fertility following bariatric surgery: a systematic review.JAMA. 2008; 300: 2286-2296
- BSin obese women of reproductive age improves conditions that underlie fertility and pregnancy outcomes: retrospective cohort study of UK national BSRegistry (NBSR).Obes Surg. 2016; 26: 2837-2842https://doi.org/10.1007/s11695-016-2202-4
- Mid-term follow-up after sleeve gastrectomy as a final approach for morbid obesity.Obes Surg. 2009; 19 (Epub 2009 Mar 12): 544-548
- Bariatric surgery: impact on pregnancy outcomes.Curr Diabetes Rep. 2013; 13: 19-26
- Preparing for and managing a pregnancy after bariatric surgery.Semin Perinatol. 2011; 35: 356-361
- Maternal obesity as an independent risk factor for caesarean delivery.Pediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2004; 18: 196-201
- Reduced incidence of gestational diabetes with bariatric surgery.J Am Coll Surg. 2010; 211: 169-175
- Pregnancy outcome among obese women: a prospective study.Am J Perinatol. 2008; 25: 561-566
- Obstetric outcome following laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2007; 98: 244-247
- Pregnancy outcome in morbidly obese women before and after laparoscopic gastric banding.Obes Surg. 2010; 20: 1251-1257
- Effect of BSon pregnancy outcome.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2008; 103: 246-251
- Pregnancy outcomes in women after BScompared with obese and morbidly obese controls.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 547-554
- Taking the long view: the prenatal environment and early adolescent overweight.Res Nurs Health. 2007; 30: 297-307
- The effect of surgery-to-conception interval on pregnancy outcomes after sleeve gastrectomy.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018 Dec; 14: 1795-1803
- Impact of Roux en Y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy on fetal growth and relationship with maternal nutritional status.Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2018 Oct; 14: 1488-1494
- Outcome of pregnancies after biliopancreatic diversion.Obes Surg. 2004; 14: 318-324