Abbreviations:OR (Operating Room)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Team communications in the operating room: talk patterns, sites of tension, and implications for novices.Acad Med. 2002; 77: 232-237
- Conflict in medical teams: opportunity or danger?.Med Educ. 2012 Oct; 46: 935-942
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable.Jossey-Bass, 2002
- When team conflicts threaten quality of care: a study of health care professionals' experiences and perceptions.Mayo Clin Proc Innov Qual Outcomes. 2019; 3 (Published 2019 Feb 26): 43-51
- Avoiding organizational silence and creating team dialogue.SAVE Proc. 2019; 32 (Published 2019 May 14): 446-448
- The effect of surgeon empathy and emotional intelligence on patient satisfaction.Adv Health Sci Educ. 2011; 16: 591-600https://doi.org/10.1007/s10459-011-9278-3
- Safety in the operating theatre--part 1: interpersonal relationships and team performance.Curr Anaesth Crit Care. 1995; 6: 48-53https://doi.org/10.1016/s0953-7112(05)80198-x
- Conflict resolution: practical principles for surgeons.World J Surg. 2008; 32: 2331-2335https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-008-9702-x
- A prospective study of patient safety in the operating room.Surgery. 2006; 139: 159-173
Published online: August 31, 2022
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.