Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Diversity Equity and inclusion series: microagressions Lessons Learned from black academic surgeons.
- Microaggressions and implicit bias in surgical training: an undocumented but pervasive phenomenon.Ann Surg. Apr 9 2021; https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000004917
- An experiment in racism: TV commercials.Educ Urban Soc. 1977; 10: 61-87https://doi.org/10.1177/001312457701000105
- Altering the course; black males in medicine.https://store.aamc.org/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/84/#:~:text=This%20report%20aims%20to%20be,by%20collectively%20redoubling%20our%20effortsDate: 2005Date accessed: June 3, 2022
- Discrimination, abuse, harassment, and burnout in surgical residency training.N Engl J Med. Oct 31 2019; 381: 1741-1752https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa1903759
- Toward an equitable society: building a culture of antiracism in health care.J Clin Invest. Oct 1 2020; 130: 5039-5041https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI141675
- Active antiracism through surgical education.Am J Surg. Jun 25 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2022.06.021
- Prevalence, types, and sources of bullying reported by US general surgery residents in 2019.JAMA. May 26 2020; 323: 2093-2095https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2020.2901
- Hiding in plain sight.JAMA. Dec 10 2019; 322: 2173-2174https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.19326
- It's Not People of Colour's Responsibility to Solve Microaggressions in the Workplace.The Varsity. The University of Toronto: Varsity Publications Inc., 2020https://thevarsity.ca/2022/02/20/microaggressions-in-the-workplace/Date accessed: February 20, 2020
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents.Random House, 2020: 496
- Embracing allyship in academic surgery: how all surgeons can become effective champions for change.J Am Coll Surg. Aug 1 2022; 235: 371-374https://doi.org/10.1097/XCS.0000000000000203