- •95.5% of female trainees do not receive negotiation training.
- •Negotiation training results in significantly improved comfort with negotiation.
- •After such training, more trainees feel their negotiation skills are improved compared to prior.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gender-based differences in career plans, salary expectations, and business preparedness among urology residents.Urology. 2020; (Jun 12. PubMed PMID: 32540301. Epub 2020/06/17. eng)
- Investigating the gender pay gap in industry contributions to academic neurosurgeons.World Neurosurg. 2019 Oct; 130 (PubMed PMID: 31254703. Epub 2019/06/30. eng): 516-522
- Gender differences in industry payments among cardiologists.Am Heart J. 2020 May; 223 (PubMed PMID: 31926591. Epub 2020/01/14. eng): 123-131
- Gender and compensation among surgical specialties in the Veterans Health Administration.Am J Surg. 2020 Aug; 220 (PubMed PMID: 32184008. Epub 2020/03/19. eng): 256-261
- Gender inequality in salaries among reproductive endocrinology and infertility subspecialists in the United States.Fertil Steril. 2019 Jun; 111 (PubMed PMID: 30922655. Epub 2019/03/30. eng): 1194-1200
- Influence of age, sex, and generation on physician payments and clinical activity in Ontario, Canada: an age-period-cohort analysis.Am J Ophthalmol. 2019 Sep; 205 (PubMed PMID: 31004590. Epub 2019/04/21. eng): 184-196
- Sex differences in salaries of academic ophthalmologists in the United States.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2022 May 1; 140 (PubMed PMID: 35323861. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC8949729. Epub 2022/03/25. eng): 519-522
- Sex differences in physician salary in US public medical schools.JAMA Intern Med. 2016 Sep 1; 176 (PubMed PMID: 27400435. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC5558151. Epub 2016/07/12. eng): 1294-1304
- Gender differences in faculty rank among academic physicians: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2021 Nov 2; 11 (PubMed PMID: 34728447. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC8565568. Epub 2021/11/04. eng)e050322
- Gender compensation gap for ophthalmologists in the first Year of clinical practice.Ophthalmology. 2021 Jul; 128 (PubMed PMID: 33248156. Epub 2020/11/29. eng): 971-980
- Addressing gender-based disparities in earning potential in academic medicine.JAMA Netw Open. 2022 Feb 1; 5 (PubMed PMID: 35179582. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC8857688. Epub 2022/02/19. eng)e220067
- Striving for gender equity in academic medicine careers A call to action.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 1050-1052
- Transfer of communication skills training from workshop to workplace: the impact of clinical supervision.Patient Educ Counsel. 2006 Mar; 60 (PubMed PMID: 16242900. Epub 2005/10/26. eng): 313-325
- America's medical residents, by the numbers. 2021 [6/26/22]; Available from:) (
- Women physicians and promotion in academic medicine.N Engl J Med. 2020 Nov 26; 383 (PubMed PMID: 33252871. Epub 2020/12/01. eng): 2148-2157
- Inequities in academic compensation by gender: a follow-up to the national faculty survey cohort study.Acad Med : journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. 2016 Aug; 91 (PubMed PMID: 27276007. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC4965349. Epub 2016/06/09. eng): 1068-1073
- Contract negotiation skills: a workshop for women in medicine.MedEdPORTAL. 2020 Jun 18; 16 (PubMed PMID: 32656331. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC7331958. Epub 2020/07/14. eng)10910
- Gender-based differences in career plans, salary expectations, and business preparedness among urology residents.Urology. 2021 Apr; 150 (PubMed PMID: 32540301. Epub 2020/06/17. eng): 65-71
- Career goals, salary expectations, and salary negotiation among male and female general surgery residents.JAMA surgery. 2019 Nov 1; 154 (PubMed PMID: 31461140. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC6714007 Stryker Endoscopy outside the submitted work. No other disclosures were reported. Epub 2019/08/29. eng): 1023-1029
- Negotiation in academic medicine: a necessary career skill.J Wom Health. 2007 Mar; 16 (PubMed PMID: 17388740. Epub 2007/03/29. eng): 235-244
- Exploring medical residents' perceived need for negotiation skills training.Int J Med Educ. 2019 Feb 28; 10 (PubMed PMID: 30825871. Pubmed Central PMCID: PMC6766400. Epub 2019/03/03. eng): 45-53
- Children show a gender gap in negotiation.Psychol Sci. 2021 Feb; 32 (PubMed PMID: 33405996. Epub 2021/01/07. eng): 153-158