- •Literature regarding TKI and radiotherapy for unresectable DFSP are reviewed in detail.
- •TKI may be employed against all DFSP histology types, with 70–95% clinical benefit.
- •Radiotherapy alone may be limited to low-grade classic DFSP, with 90% clinical benefit.
- •Patient selection is paramount and adverse effect profiles must be considered.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: pathological and imaging review.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2021; 50: 236-240
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2017; 18: 56
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.Dermatol Clin. 2019; 37: 483-488
- The efficacy of Mohs micrographic surgery over the traditional wide local excision surgery in the cure of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.Pan Afr Med J. 2019; 33: 297
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Cancer. 2004; 101: 2503-2508
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: from translocation to targeted therapy.Cancer Biol Med. 2015; 12: 375-384
- Genetics of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans family of tumors: from ring chromosomes to tyrosine kinase inhibitor treatment.Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2003; 37: 1-19
- Deregulation of the platelet-derived growth factor B-chain gene via fusion with collagen gene COL1A1 in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans and giant-cell fibroblastoma.Nat Genet. 1997; 15: 95-98
- Efficacy and biological activity of imatinib in metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP).Clin Cancer Res. 2016; 22: 837-846
- Genomic and transcriptomic features of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: unusual chromosomal origin of the COL1A1-PDGFB fusion gene and synergistic effects of amplified regions in tumor development.Cancer Genet. 2020; 241: 34-41
- A systematic review of outcome data for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans with and without fibrosarcomatous change.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014; 71: 781-786
- S1 guidelines for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) - update 2018.J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2019; 17: 663-668
- Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (Version 1.2018). National Comprehensive Cancer Network,
2018 (Published)https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/dfsp.pdfDate accessed: November 2, 2021
- Current treatment options for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2015; 15: 901-909
- The role of radiation therapy in the management of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 40: 823-827
- Radiation in management of patients with dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.J Clin Oncol. 1996; 14: 2365-2369
- The efficacy of adjuvant radiotherapy in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: a systemic review and meta-analysis.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2016; 30: 1107-1114
- The Joanna Briggs Institute approach for systematic reviews.Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2018; 26 (e3074-e3074)
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: n71
- Rayyan-a web and mobile app for systematic reviews.Syst Rev. 2016; 5: 210
Moola S MZ, Tufanaru C, Aromataris E, et al. Chapter 7: systematic reviews of etiology and risk. In: Aromataris E MZ, ed. Joanna Briggs Institute Reviewer's Manual. The Joanna Briggs Institute2017: https://reviewersmanual.joannabriggs.org/.
- Radiotherapy in the treatment of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.Am J Clin Oncol. 2005; 28: 537-539
- Outcome of surgery and radiotherapy for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: 5-year experience from two tertiary centers of eastern India.Journal of Radiation Oncology. 2019; 8: 405-412
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans of head and neck: clinical outcome of nine cases treated with imatinib.Cancer Res Stat Treat. 2019; 2: 112-118
- Molecular and clinical analysis of locally advanced dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans treated with imatinib: imatinib Target Exploration Consortium Study B2225.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 866-873
- Advanced dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans treatment with imatinib: experience from a dedicated sarcoma medical oncology clinic in India.J Glob Oncol. 2018; 4: 1-7
- Long-term results of treatment of advanced dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) with imatinib mesylate - the impact of fibrosarcomatous transformation.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017; 43: 1134-1141
- Sunitinib for patients with locally advanced or distantly metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans but resistant to imatinib.Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015; 8: 8288-8294
- Treatment of advanced dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans with imatinib mesylate with or without surgical resection.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2011; 25: 264-270
- Target therapy of unresectable or metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans with imatinib mesylate: an analysis on 22 Chinese patients.Medicine (Baltim). 2015; 94: e773
- A multicenter phase II study of pazopanib in patients with unresectable dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.J Invest Dermatol. 2021; 141 (e762): 761-769
- Imatinib mesylate in advanced dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: pooled analysis of two phase II clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1772-1779
- Phase II, open-label study evaluating the activity of imatinib in treating life-threatening malignancies known to be associated with imatinib-sensitive tyrosine kinases.Clin Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 2717-2725
- Molecular targeting of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: a new approach to a surgical disease.J Natl Compr Cancer Netw. 2007; 5: 557-562
- Current treatment options in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2009; 135: 653-665
- Imatinib treatment for locally advanced or metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans: a systematic review.JAMA Dermatol. 2019; 155: 361-369