- •Pediatric general surgeons perform most of the total thyroidectomies in NSQIP-P hospitals.
- •Prolonged hospitalization is more frequent after total thyroidectomy by pediatric ENT.
- •Postoperative readmissions are similar across pediatric and adult surgeons.
- •Opportunities may exist to improve outcomes with respect to resource utilization.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pediatric thyroid surgery: experience in 75 consecutive thyroidectomies.Eur Arch Oto-Rhino-Laryngol. 2019; 276: 217-222
- Management guidelines for children with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer.Thyroid. 2015; 25: 716-759
- Incidence and malignancy rates of indeterminate pediatric thyroid nodules.Cancer Cytopathol. 2019; 127: 231-239https://doi.org/10.1002/cncy.22104
- Pediatric endocrine surgery: who is operating on our children?.Surgery. 2008 Dec; 144: 869-877
- Thyroid surgery outcomes at a Children’s Hospital: the value of a multidisciplinary team approach.J Pediatr Surg. 2022; 57 (S0022-3468(21)00483-8): 622-629https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2021.06.010
- Pediatric thyroid cancer: to whom do you send the referral?.Cancers. 2021 Sep 1; 13: 4416
- Practice patterns and outcomes of pediatric thyroid surgery: an NSQIP analysis.J Surg Res. 2020; 255: 181-187https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2020.05.056
- Postoperative complications after prophylactic thyroidectomy for very young patients with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2: retrospective cohort analysis.Medicine. 2015; 94 (e1108): e1108
- Pediatric thyroidectomies: a surgical subspecialty comparison.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2020 May; 132109945
- Pediatric endocrine surgery: a 20-year experience at the Mayo Clinic.J Clin Endocrinol Metabol. 2014; 99: 399-406
- Postoperative hypoparathyroidism after total thyroidectomy in children.J Surg Res. 2020 Aug; 252: 63-68
- Outpatient parathyroidectomy in the pediatric population: an 18-year experience.J Pediatr Surg. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2020.06.016
- Pediatric thyroidectomy in a high volume thyroid surgery center: risk factors for postoperative hypocalcemia.J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Aug; 50: 1316-1319
- Pediatric thyroidectomy: favorable outcomes can be achieved by a multidisciplinary team of pediatric providers.J Pediatr Surg. 2019 Mar; 54: 527-530
- Pediatric thyroidectomy: a collaborative surgical approach.J Pediatr Surg. 2011 May; 46: 823-828
- Surgical management of pediatric thyroid disease: complication rates after thyroidectomy at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia high-volume Pediatric Thyroid Center.J Pediatr Surg. 2019 Oct; 54: 1969-1975
- Clinical and economic outcomes of thyroid and parathyroid surgery in children.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008 Aug; 93: 3058-3065