- •The proportion of segmentectomies compared to lobectomies has greatly increased.
- •Segmentectomy was performed in older patients compared to the lobectomy group.
- •Patients receiving a MIS approach for segmentectomy significantly increased.
- •The proportion of robotic compared to VATS segmentectomies has greatly increased.
- •Robotic segmentectomies have increased in prevalence for stage 1A NSCLC.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Screening for lung cancer with low-dose computed tomography: a systematic review to update the US Preventive services task force recommendation.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 411-420
- Utilization trends, outcomes, and cost in minimally invasive lobectomy.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 108: 1648-1655
- Randomized trial of lobectomy versus limited resection for T1 N0 non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer Study Group.Ann Thorac Surg. 1995; 60 (; discussion 622-613): 615-622
- Comparison of pulmonary segmentectomy and lobectomy: safety results of a randomized trial.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 158: 895-907
- Equivalent survival between lobectomy and segmentectomy for clinical stage IA lung cancer.Ann Thorac Surg. 2020; 110: 1882-1891
- Trends and factors affecting approach choice to pulmonary resection.J Surg Oncol. 2022; 126: 599-608
- VATS segmentectomy: an underused option?.J Vis Surg. 2017; 3: 136
- Totally thoracoscopic pulmonary anatomic segmentectomies: technical considerations.J Thorac Dis. 2013; 5: S200-S206
- Anatomic segmentectomy in the treatment of stage I non-small cell lung cancer.Ann Thorac Surg. 2007; 84 (; discussion 932-923): 926-932
- Learning curve for port-access thoracoscopic anatomic lung segmentectomy.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 156: 1995-2003
- Robotic anatomical segmentectomy: an analysis of the learning curve.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 107: 1515-1522
- A national analysis of minimally invasive vs open segmentectomy for stage IA non-small-cell lung cancer.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 33: 535-544
- National trends and outcomes of segmentectomy in the society of thoracic surgeons database.Ann Thorac Surg. 2022; 113: 1361-1369
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery lobectomy: experience with 1,100 cases.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 81 (; discussion 425-426): 421-425
- Nationwide assessment of robotic lobectomy for non-small cell lung cancer.Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 103: 1092-1100
- Does the approach matter? Comparing survival in robotic, minimally invasive, and open esophagectomies.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 107: 378-385
- Robotic versus video-assisted lobectomy/segmentectomy for lung cancer: a meta-analysis.Ann Surg. 2018; 268: 254-259
- Early outcomes of robotic versus thoracoscopic segmentectomy for early-stage lung cancer: a multi-institutional propensity score-matched analysis.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 160: 1363-1372
- Introduction of robotic surgery leads to increased rate of segmentectomy in patients with lung cancer.J Thorac Dis. 2021; 13: 762-767
- Sublobar resection versus lobectomy for stage I non-small cell lung cancer: an appropriate choice in elderly patients?.Surg Today. 2016; 46: 1370-1382
- A case-matched study of anatomical segmentectomy versus lobectomy for stage I lung cancer in high-risk patients.Eur J Cardio Thorac Surg. 2005; 27: 675-679