- •Operating rooms are responsible for a significant portion of hospital waste.
- •An intervention to reduce unused supplies in surgical packs is feasible.
- •Eliminating unused surgical items from standard packs is cost-saving and reduces waste.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Health impacts of climate change and health and social inequalities in the UK.Environ Health. 2017; 16https://doi.org/10.1186/S12940-017-0328-Z
- The fundamental links between climate change and marine plastic pollution.Sci Total Environ. 2022; 806150392https://doi.org/10.1016/J.SCITOTENV.2021.150392
- Plastics and carcinogenesis: the example of vinyl chloride.J Carcinog. 2012; 11https://doi.org/10.4103/1477-3163.93700
- An emerging class of air pollutants: potential effects of microplastics to respiratory human health?.Sci Total Environ. 2020; : 749https://doi.org/10.1016/J.SCITOTENV.2020.141676
- Green surgical practices for health care.Archives of surgery (Chicago, Ill. 1960; 146 (2011): 131-136https://doi.org/10.1001/ARCHSURG.2010.343
- Greening the operating room.Am J Surg. 2018; 216: 683-688https://doi.org/10.1016/J.AMJSURG.2018.07.021
- Operating room waste generated across otolaryngology cases.Mil Med. 2021; (Published online December 30, 2021)https://doi.org/10.1093/MILMED/USAB548
- Lean and green hand surgery.J Hand Surg. 2018; 43: 179-181https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JHSA.2017.11.007
- Operating room waste: disposable supply utilization in neurosurgical procedures.J Neurosurg. 2017; 126: 620-625https://doi.org/10.3171/2016.2.JNS152442
- Surgical team familiarity and waste generation in the operating room.Am J Surg. 2021; 222: 694-699https://doi.org/10.1016/J.AMJSURG.2021.05.009
- Assessing the costs of disposable and reusable supplies wasted during surgeries.Int J Surg. 2018; 53: 18-23https://doi.org/10.1016/J.IJSU.2018.02.004
- Operating room waste reduction in plastic and hand surgery.Plastic Surgery. 2015; 23 (Accessed October 2, 2021/pmc/articles/PMC4664137/): 235
- Greening the operating room: results of a scalable initiative to reduce waste and recover supply costs.Neurosurgery. 2019; 85: 432-437https://doi.org/10.1093/NEUROS/NYY275
- Reducing disposable equipment waste for tonsillectomy and adenotonsillectomy cases.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012; 147: 615-618https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599812450681
- Comparing surgical trays with redundant instruments with trays with reduced instruments: a cost analysis.Canadian Medical Association Open Access Journal. 2016; 4: E404-E408https://doi.org/10.9778/CMAJO.20150092