- •Negotiation training should be part of residency training.
- •Negotiation training should be offered before job interviews begin.
- •More training on “non surgical skills for success” such as negotiation training should be part of residency training.
- •Negotiation training could possibly help in decreasing the pay gap between male and female surgeons.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Fix the gender pay “chasm” in medicine.(US News & World Report. Published online July 26, 2022)https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2022-07-26/fix-the-gender-pay-chasm-in-medicine#:∼:text=In%20the%20medical%20field%2C%20women,as%20their%20white%20male%20counterparts
- 2020 Physician Specialty Data Rport Executive Summary. AAMC, 2021
- 2021 physician compensation report.https://c8y.doxcdn.com/image/upload/v1/Press%20Blog/Research%20Reports/Doximity-Compensation-Report-2021.pdfDate: 2021
- Sex differences in physician salary in US Public medical Schools.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1294https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.3284
- Career goals, salary expectations, and salary negotiation among male and female general surgery residents.JAMA Surg. 2019; 154: 1023https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2019.2879
- The impact of a virtual negotiation training course on female trainees.Am J Surg. 2022; (Published online September 21, S0002-9610(22)00581-5)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2022.09.033
- Contract negotiation skills: a workshop for women in medicine.MedEdPORTAL. 2020; (Published online June 18)10910https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10910
- How female surgeons can negotiate higher salaries. Transonic.