- •The ACA increased Medicaid coverage for benign endocrine surgical procedures.
- •Medicaid Expansion states had lower rates of uninsured patients.
- •Medicaid patients have increased odds of undergoing thyroid operations.
- •Medicaid patients have lower odds of undergoing parathyroid or adrenal operations.
Abbreviations:ME (Medicaid expansion), ACA (Affordable Care Act), DD (Difference-in-differences), Adj (Adjusted), ICD (International Classification of Diseases)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The impact of the affordable care Act on disparities in private and medicaid insurance coverage among patients under 65 with newly diagnosed cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2019; 105: 25-30
- Association of the Affordable Care Act with access to highest-volume centers for patients with thyroid cancer.Surgery. 2022; 171: 132-139
- Disparities in access to care and outcomes in patients with adrenocortical carcinoma.J Surg Res. 2017; 213: 138-146
- Race and gender disparities in access to parathyroidectomy: a need to change processes for diagnosis and referral to surgeons.Ann Surg Oncol. 2021; 28: 476-483
- Racial/ethnic and gender disparities in health care use and access.Health Serv Res. 2018; 53: 1407-1429
- Impact of medicaid expansion on disparities in revascularization in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction.PLoS One. 2020; 15: e0243385
- The affordable care act's impacts on access to insurance and health care for low-income populations.Annu Rev Publ Health. 2017; 38: 489-505
- Association of Medicaid expansion of the Affordable Care Act with the stage at diagnosis and treatment of papillary thyroid cancer: a difference-in-differences analysis.Am J Surg. 2021; 222: 562-569
- Racial disparities in primary hyperparathyroidism.World J Surg. 2021; 45: 180-187
- Clinical presentation and surgical outcomes in primary aldosteronism differ by race.J Surg Oncol. 2020; 121: 456-464
- Racial disparities in initial presentation of benign thyroid disease for resection.Ann Surg Oncol. 2016; 23: 2571-2576
- Outcomes in endocrine cancer surgery are affected by racial, economic, and healthcare system demographics.Laryngoscope. 2016; 126: 775-781
- Racial and socioeconomic disparities in access and utilization of adrenal metastasectomy.World J Surg. 2020; 44: 163-170
- Impact of socioeconomic status on cancer incidence and stage at diagnosis: selected findings from the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results: national Longitudinal Mortality Study.Cancer Causes Control. 2009; 20: 417-435
- Insurance status is associated with extent of treatment for patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma.Thyroid. 2019; 29: 1784-1791
- Insurance type is associated with appropriate use of surgical and adjuvant care for differentiated thyroid carcinoma.Surgery. 2022; 171: 140-146
- Trends in insurance status among patients diagnosed with cancer before and after implementation of the affordable care Act.J Oncol Prac. 2018; 14: e92-e102
- Reducing racial inequities in health: using what we already know to take action.Int J Environ Res Publ Health. 2019; 16