- •USMLE Step 1 scores predictor of board passage rate.
- •USMLE Step 2 as predictor.
- •ABS first-time pass rate.
- •ABSITE performance correlates with first time pass rates of ABS board exams.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association between USMLE Step 1 Scores and In-Training Examination Performance: A Meta-Analysis.vol. 96. Academic Medicine, 2021: 1742-1754
- Data Release and Research Committee: Results of the 2020 NRMP Program Director Survey.National Resident Matching Program, Washington, DC2021Date accessed: May 17, 2022
- Pass/fail scoring of USMLE Step 1 and the need for residency selection reform.Otolaryngology-Head Neck Surg (Tokyo). 2021; 164: 9-10
- New heuristics to stratify applicants: predictors of general surgery residency applicant step 1 scores.J Surg Educ. 2021; 79: 349-354
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Step 1 scores are a quantifiably better predictor of American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination success compared to Step 2 scores.Am J Surg. 2022; 223: 482-484
- General surgery residency application evaluation in a USMLE Step 1 pass/fail world: a retrospective comparison.J of Surg Research. 2021; 265: 317-322
- The predictive value of general surgery application data for future resident performance.J Surg Educ. 2011; 68: 513-518
- Is USMLE step 1 score a valid predictor of success in surgical residency?.Am J Surg. 2014; 208: 1029-1034
- Using United States medical licensing examination (USMLE) examination results to predict later in-training examination performance among general surgery residents.J Surg Educ. 2010; 67: 452-456
- American board of surgery examinations: can we identify surgier residency applicants and residents who will pass the examinations on the first attempt?.Am J Surg. 2010; 199: 216-222
- Predicting performance on the American board of surgery qualifying and certifying examinations: a multi-institutional study.Arch Surg. 2010; 145: 852-856
- Can we predict which residents are going to pass/fail the oral boards?.J Surg Educ. 2012; 69: 705-713
- ABS Exam Pass Rates. The American Board of Surgery.2022 (Philadelphia, PA)Date accessed: September 30, 2022
- The impact of an advanced certifying examination simulation program on the American Board of Surgery certifying examination passage rates.J Am Coll Surg. 2014; 219: 280-284
- The Turnaround: Pulling Back from the Brink. Panel Discussion on Change Management: Matching Leadership Strategy to the Challenge. Association of Program Directors in Surgery Annual Meeting.United States, San Antonio, TXMay 3-7, 2022