- •MCN during pregnancy may be more aggressive.
- •They are more symptomatic during pregnancy when compared to general population.
- •Despite evidence of aggressive growth, no significant difference in tumour biology is reported when associated with pregnancy.
- •No definitive correlation between receptor expression profile and rate of tumour growth of MCN during pregnancy is reported.
- •Surgical decision making is complex and emphasis should be on the safety of both mother and child.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas with overt and latent malignancy (cystadenocarcinoma and cystadenoma): a clinicopathologic study of 41 cases.Am J Clin Pathol. 1978; 69: 573-580
- Histological Typing of Tumours of the Exocrine Pancreas.([Internet]) Springer-Verlag, 1996 ([cited 2022 Jul 29]. Available from:)
- Clinicopathological features and prognosis of mucinous cystic neoplasm with ovarian-type stroma: a multi-institutional study of the Japan pancreas society.Pancreas. 2011; 40: 67-71
- Digestive system tumours.([Internet]. [cited 2022 Feb 8]. Available from:)https://publications.iarc.fr/Book-And-Report-Series/Who-Classification-Of-Tumours/Digestive-System-Tumours-2019
- A review of mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas defined by ovarian-type stroma: clinicopathological features of 344 patients.World J Surg. 2006; 30: 2236-2245
- Are pancreatic tumors hormone dependent?: a case report of unusual, rapidly growing pancreatic tumor during pregnancy, its possible relationship to female sex hormones, and review of the literature.Am Surg. 1999; 65: 105-111
- Cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas presenting in pregnancy.Br J Surg. 1986; 73: 591
- Mucinous cystic neoplasms.J Gastrointest Surg. 2008; 12: 411-413
- Management of mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas.World J Gastroenterol WJG. 2010; 16: 5682-5692
- The role of transabdominal ultrasound in the diagnosis of early stage pancreatic cancer: review and single-center experience.Diagnostics. 2018; 9: 2
- Mucinous cystic neoplasms of pancreas.Gastroenterol Res. 2014; 7: 44-50
- Diagnosis and management of cystic pancreatic lesions.Am J Roentgenol. 2013; 200: 343-354
- Nature and management of pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasm (MCN): a systematic review of the literature.Pancreatology. 2016; 16: 1028-1036
- Cystic pancreatic lesions: MR imaging findings and management.Insights Imaging. 2021; 12: 115
- Guidelines for diagnostic imaging during pregnancy and lactation.([Internet]. [cited 2022 Jul 30]. Available from:)https://www.acog.org/en/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2017/10/guidelines-for-diagnostic-imaging-during-pregnancy-and-lactation
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in the pregnant woman.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 6: 156-167
- Efficacy and safety of EUS-guided through-the-needle microforceps biopsy sampling in categorizing the type of pancreatic cystic lesions.Gastrointest Endosc. 2022; 95: 299-309
- Mucinous cystic neoplasm diagnosed by EUS-guided microforceps biopsy.Endosc Int Open. 2018; 6: E1379-E1381
- The value of serum tumor markers and blood inflammation markers in differentiating pancreatic serous cystic neoplasms and pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasms.Front Oncol. 2022; ([Internet]) ([cited 2022 Jul 26];12. Available from:)
- MDCT evaluation of the growth kinetics of serous and benign mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas.Cancer Imag. 2011; 11: 116-122
- European evidence-based guidelines on pancreatic cystic neoplasms.Gut. 2018; 67: 789-804
- Management of pregnancy-associated pancreatic cystic tumors: review of the literature and results of a Pancreas Club Inc.Survey. Pancreatology. 2018; 18: 905-912
- Mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas during pregnancy.Pancreas. 2007; 34: 470-473
- Pancreatic neoplasms in pregnancy: diagnosis, complications, and management.J Gastrointest Surg. 2012; 16: 1064-1071
- Nonobstetric surgery during pregnancy.([Internet]. [cited 2022 Jul 27]. Available from:)https://www.acog.org/en/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2019/04/nonobstetric-surgery-during-pregnancy
- Postpancreatectomy complications and management.Surg Clin North Am. 2016; 96: 1313-1336
- Mucinous cystic pancreatic neoplasms.([Internet])in: StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island (FL)2022 ([cited 2022 Mar 3]. Available from:)
- Pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasm defined by ovarian stroma: demographics, clinical features, and prevalence of cancer.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2004; 2: 1026-1031
- Acute pancreatitis with a mucinous cystoadenoma of the pancreas in pregnancy.Anticancer Res. 2010; 30: 1025-1028
- Cystic pancreatic neoplasm in pregnancy: a case report and review of the literature.Arch Surg. 2008; 143: 84
- Huge mucinous cystadenoma of the pancreas developing during pregnancy: a case report.Pancreas. 2005; 30: 186-188
- Large mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas associated with pregnancy.World J Gastroenterol WJG. 2008; 14: 7252-7255
- Mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas activated during pregnancy.Surg Case Rep. 2015; 1: 13
- Large mucinous cystadenoma of the pancreas during pregnancy: report of a case.Surg Today. 2007; 37: 1013-1017
- Tica VI. Large pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasm during pregnancy: what should Be done?.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2013; 75: 132-138
- Mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas during pregnancy: the importance of proper management.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2005; 12: 494-497
- Neoplasia cística mucinosa do pâncreas durante a gestação: Relato de Caso.Rev Bras Saúde Materno Infant. 2011; 11: 187-190
- Rapid growth of mucinous cystic adenoma of the pancreas following pregnancy.Int J Gastrointest Cancer. 2006; 37: 45-48
- Clinicopathological features of 11 resected cases of mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas.Suizo. 2014; 29: 721-728
- [Mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas associated with pregnancy: report of two cases].Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi Jpn J Gastro-Enterol. 2010; 107: 1828-1834
- Pancreatic mucinous cystadenoma during pregnancy.Am J Gynecol Health. 1993; 4: 27-30
- Cistoadenoma mucinoso de pâncreas durante a gravidez.Rev AMRIGS. 2010; : 328-330
yoshino komatsu et al. The Japanese Journal of Gastroenterological Surgery Online Journal: Abstract: Vol.40 No.1 74-79 [Internet]. [cited 2022 Jan 28]. Available from: https://www.jsgs.or.jp/journal/abstract/040010074_e.html.
- Large mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas during pregnancy: a case report.J Surg Case Rep. 2020; 2020 (rjaa085)
- Mucinous cystadenoma of the pancreas associated with pregnancy. Case report and review of the literature.J Clin Investig Surg. 2018; 3: 88-94
- Ovarian mass combined with pancreatic neoplasm in pregnancy: a rare case report and literature review.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2022; 48: 244-250
- Gastrointestinal bleeding in a pregnant woman: mucinous cystic neoplasm of pancreas mimicking gastrointestinal stromal tumor of stomach.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg. 2009; 16: 681-683
- Mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas with severe dysplasia during pregnancy: case report and review of the literature.Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 51: 635-638
- Mucinous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas associated with pregnancy.Medicine (Baltim). 2020; 99e21471
- Progression of a Cystic Pancreatic Lesion during Pregnancy. vol. 4. 2015
- A case of pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasm that enlarged during pregnancy and was resected after childbirth.Nippon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi Jpn J Gastro-Enterol. 2014; 111: 1789-1797
- An extremely rare cause of acute abdomen in pregnancy: Ruptured pancreatic mucinous cystadenocarcinoma.Pancreas. 2007; 34: 474-476
- Anaplastic carcinoma associated with a mucinous cystic neoplasm of the pancreas during pregnancy: report of a case and a review of the literature.World J Gastroenterol WJG. 2008; 14: 132-135
- Mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas diagnosed in postpartum.Langenbeck's Arch Surg. 2007; 392: 493-496
- Pancreatic cystadenocarcinoma and pregnancy: a case report.Tumori J. 1990; 76: 294-295
- Pancreatic large mucinous cystoadenoma with invasive ductal carcinoma in pregnancy.Case report. Il G Chir. 2012; 33: 163-167
- Ruptured mucinous cystic neoplasm with an associated invasive carcinoma of pancreatic head in a pregnant woman: report of a case and review of literature: Ruptured pancreatic MCN in pregnancy.Pathol Int. 2011; 61: 28-33