- •Surgical treatment of splenic flexure colon cancer remains controversial regarding extent of colon resection.
- •Dual lymphatic drainage in splenic flexure enquiries optimal extent of surgical resection and mesenteric vascular ligation.
- •The overall and disease free survival were similar for extended and segmental colonic resection groups.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer incidence, mortality, years of life lost, years lived with disability, and disability-adjusted life years for 29 cancer groups from 2010 to 2019: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2019.JAMA Oncol. 2022; 8 (Global): 420-444https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2021.6987
- Survival after resection of carcinoma of the splenic flexure.Dis Colon Rectum. 1991; 34: 401-403https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02053691
- Evaluation of the vascular anatomy of the left-sided colon focused on the accessory middle colic artery: a single-centre study of 734 patients.Colorectal Dis. 2018; 20: 1041-1046https://doi.org/10.1111/codi.14287
- Lymph node metastases in splenic flexure colon cancer: is subtotal colectomy warranted?.J Surg Oncol. 2018; 118: 1027-1033https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.25169
- Propensity score analysis of postoperative and oncological outcomes after surgical treatment for splenic flexure colon cancer.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2018; 33: 1201-1213https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-018-3063-1
- Is segmental colon resection an alternative treatment for splenic flexure cancer?.J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech. 2019; 29: 621-626https://doi.org/10.1089/lap.2019.0041
- Treatment of splenic flexure colon cancer: a comparison of three different surgical procedures: experience of a high volume cancer center.Sci Rep. 2019; 9 (Published 2019 Jul 29)10953https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-47548-z
- Extended right colectomy, left colectomy, or segmental left colectomy for splenic flexure carcinomas: a European multicenter propensity score matching analysis.Surg Endosc. 2021; 35: 661-672
- What is the optimal elective colectomy for splenic flexure cancer: end of the debate? A multicenter study from the GRECCAR group with a propensity score analysis.Dis Colon Rectum. 2022; 65: 55-65
- Surgical anatomy of the blood supply of the distal colon.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 1956; 19: 241-256
- Lymphatic drainage of the splenic flexure defined by intraoperative scintigraphic mapping.Dis Colon Rectum. 2018; 61: 441-446
- Surgical treatment and subsequent outcome of patients with carcinoma of the splenic flexure.Surg Today. 2001; 31: 204-209
- Segmental vs. extended colectomy: measurable differences in morbidity, function, and quality of life.Dis Colon Rectum. 2008; 51: 1036-1043
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
☆This study was accepted as part of an oral presentation with an invited discussant at MSA 2022 Annual Meeting on August 7–9, 2022 at Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, Michigan.