- •Opioid prescriptions are common in NP.
- •Despite decline over time, 1 in 4 patients remain on opioids at disease resolution.
- •These data identify an opportunity to adjust analgesic prescription practice in NP patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Burden and cost of gastrointestinal, liver, and pancreatic diseases in the United States: update 2018.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156 (e211): 254-272
- The continuum of complications in survivors of necrotizing pancreatitis.Surgery. 2020; 168: 1032-1040
- A time of crisis for the opioid epidemic in the USA.Lancet. 2021; 398: 277
- New persistent opioid use after minor and major surgical procedures in US adults.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152e170504
- Classification of acute pancreatitis--2012: revision of the Atlanta classification and definitions by international consensus.Gut. 2013; 62: 102-111
- IAP/APA evidence-based guidelines for the management of acute pancreatitis.Pancreatology. 2013; 13: e1-e15
- Acute pancreatitis: value of CT in establishing prognosis.Radiology. 1990; 174: 331-336
- A modified CT severity index for evaluating acute pancreatitis: improved correlation with patient outcome.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004; 183: 1261-1265
- Multiple organ dysfunction score: a reliable descriptor of a complex clinical outcome.Crit Care Med. 1995; 23: 1638-1652
- Pain management in chronic pancreatitis incorporating safe opioid practices: challenge accepted.World J Gastroenterol. 2021; 27: 3142-3147
- Rationale for and development of the pancreatic quantitative sensory testing consortium to study pain in chronic pancreatitis.Pancreas. 2021; 50: 1298-1304
- Improved outpatient communication decreases unplanned readmission in necrotizing pancreatitis.J Surg Res. 2020; 253: 139-146