- •Endoscopic resection for cT1N0M0 squamous cell carcinoma had comparable survival rates to esophagectomy.
- •Esophagectomy and endoscopic resection had a risk-adjusted absolute survival advantage of 27% and 21% relative to CRT.
- •Endoscopic resection was associated with accelerated rates of post-operative recovery but higher rates of R1 resection.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- cT1N0M0 esophageal squamous cell carcinoma invades the muscularis mucosa or submucosa: comparison of the results of endoscopic submucosal dissection and esophagectomy.Cancers. 2022; 14: 424
- Outcomes of endoscopic submucosal dissection vs esophagectomy for T1 esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a real-world cohort.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol: Offc Clinic Pract J AM Gastroenterol Assoc. 2019; 17: 73-81
- Comparison of endoscopic submucosal dissection and surgery for superficial esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a propensity score-matched analysis.Gastrointest Endosc. 2018; 88: 624-633
NCCN. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Esophageal and Esophagogastric Junction Cancers. Version 2.2022.
- Multiple imputation using chained equations: issues and guidance for practice.Stat Med. 2011; 30: 377-399https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.4067
- Comparison between definitive chemoradiotherapy and esophagectomy in patients with clinical stage I esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.Am J Gastroenterol. 2011; 106: 1048-1054
- Comparison between radical esophagectomy and definitive chemoradiotherapy in patients with clinical T1bN0M0 esophageal cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2012; 19: 2135-2141
- Preoperative chemoradiotherapy for esophageal or junctional cancer.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 2074-2084
- The prevalence of lymph node metastases in patients with T1 esophageal adenocarcinoma a retrospective review of esophagectomy specimens.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 271-278
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
☆This work will be featured in an oral presentation at the Midwest Surgical Association annual meeting, held in Mackinac Island, Michigan from August 7–9, 2022.