- •Ten-year graft and patient survival similar between uDCD and cDCD kidney allografts.
- •uDCD kidney allograft recipients experienced higher rates of primary non-function.
- •uDCD is a viable source of kidney allografts amid shortages in the US organ pool.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- New classification of donation after circulatory death donors definitions and terminology.Transpl Int. 2016; 29: 749-759https://doi.org/10.1111/tri.12776
- Belgian modified classification of Maastricht for donors after circulatory death.Transplant Proc. 2014; 46: 3138-3142https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transproceed.2014.09.169\
- Uncontrolled deceased cardiac donation: an unutilized source for organ transplantation in the United States.Clin Transplant. 2019; 33e13474https://doi.org/10.1111/ctr.13474
- Expanding the donor kidney pool: utility of renal allografts procured in a setting of uncontrolled cardiac death.Am J Transplant. 2006; 6: 1682-1688https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2006.01386.x
- Kidney transplantation from donors after cardiac death: uncontrolled versus controlled donation.Am J Transplant. 2011; 11: 1427-1434https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2011.03562.x
- Long-term graft survival after transplantation with kidneys from uncontrolled nonheartbeating donors.Transplantation. 1999; 68: 1910-1911https://doi.org/10.1097/00007890-199912270-00016
- A rapid organ recovery program for non-heart-beating donors.Transplant Proc. 1997; 29: 3553-3556https://doi.org/10.1016/s0041-1345(97)01019-1
- The Washington, D.C. experience with uncontrolled donation after circulatory determination of death: promises and pitfalls.J Law Med Ethics. 2008; 36 (735-610)https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-720X.2008.00332.x
- ASTS recommended practice guidelines for controlled donation after cardiac death organ procurement and transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2009; 9: 2004-2011https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2009.02739.x
- OPTN/SRTR 2016 annual data report: kidney.Am J Transplant. 2018; 18 (Suppl 1): 18-113https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.14557
- Donation after circulatory death and its expansion in Spain.Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2018; 23: 120-129https://doi.org/10.1097/MOT.0000000000000480
- Kidney transplant from uncontrolled donation after circulatory death donors maintained by nECMO has long-term outcomes comparable to standard criteria donation after brain death.Am J Transplant. 2019; 19: 434-447https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.14991
- Protocols for uncontrolled donation after circulatory death: a systematic review of international guidelines, practices and transplant outcomes.Crit Care. 2015; 19 (Published 2015 Jun 24): 268https://doi.org/10.1186/s13054-015-0985-7
- Transplantation of kidneys from uncontrolled donation after circulatory determination of death: comparison with brain death donors with or without extended criteria and impact of normothermic regional perfusion.Transpl Int. 2016; 29: 432-442https://doi.org/10.1111/tri.12722
- Extracorporeal support for organ donation after cardiac death effectively expands the donor pool.J Trauma. 2005; 58: 1095-1102https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ta.0000169949.82778.df
- In situ normothermic regional perfusion for controlled donation after circulatory death--the United Kingdom experience.Am J Transplant. 2014; 14: 2846-2854https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.12927
- Is there a particular ethical practice and policy space in north America for uncontrolled kidney donation after circulatory death?.J Law Med Ethics. 2017; 45: 142-148https://doi.org/10.1177/1073110517703108
- Donation after cardio-circulatory death liver transplantation.World J Gastroenterol. 2012; 18: 4491-4506https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v18.i33.4491
- Uncontrolled organ donation after circulatory death: potential donors in the emergency department.Emerg Med J. 2014; 31: 741-744https://doi.org/10.1136/emermed-2013-202675
- Derivation of the uncontrolled donation after circulatory determination of death protocol for New York city.Am J Transplant. 2011; 11: 1417-1426https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2011.03582.x
- Lesson from the New York city out-of-hospital uncontrolled donation after circulatory determination of death program.Ann Emerg Med. 2016; 67 (e39): 531-537https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2015.09.017
- Attitudes of the American public toward organ donation after uncontrolled (sudden) cardiac death.Am J Transplant. 2010; 10: 675-680https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2009.02971.x
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
☆This study was presented at the American Transplant Congress, June 1–5 2019, Boston, Massachusetts.