- •Pharmacist driven glycemic management improves glycemic control after surgery.
- •Observed tighter glycemic control without increased rates of hypoglycemia.
- •Reducing workload for surgeons through expansion of the postoperative team.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Projection of the year 2050 burden of diabetes in the US adult population: dynamic modeling of incidence, mortality, and prediabetes prevalence.Popul Health Metrics. 2010; 8: 29https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-7954-8-29
- Common models used for inpatient diabetes management.Curr Diabetes Rep. 2018; 18: 10https://doi.org/10.1007/s11892-018-0972-x
- Standardized glycemic management versus conventional glycemic management and postoperative outcomes in type 2 diabetes patients undergoing elective surgery.Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2020; 13 (10.2147%2FDMSO.S262444): 2593-2601
- Importance of perioperative glycemic control in general surgery: a report from the Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program.Ann Surg. 2013; 257: 8-14https://doi.org/10.1097/sla.0b013e31827b6bbc
- Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2012.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36 (10.2337%2Fdc12-2625): 1033-1046
- Hyperglycemia: an independent marker of in-hospital mortality in patients with undiagnosed diabetes.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 978-982https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem.87.3.8341
- Postoperative tight glycemic control significantly reduces postoperative infection rates in patients undergoing surgery: a meta-analysis.BMC Endocr Disord. 2018; 18: 42https://doi.org/10.1186/s12902-018-0268-9
- The influence of diabetes on postoperative complications following colorectal surgery.Tech Coloproctol. 2021; 25 (10.1007%2Fs10151-020-02373-9): 267-278
- Hypoglycaemia in anesthesiology practice: diagnostic, preventive, and management strategies.Saudi J Anaesth. 2013; 7: 447-452https://doi.org/10.4103/1658-354x.121082
- Implementing a pharmacist consultation model for multimodal insulin therapy.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2017; 74: e224-e229https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp150941
- Pharmacist glycemic control team improves quality of glycemic control in surgical patients with perioperative dysglycemia.Perm J. 2012; 16 (10.7812%2Ftpp%2F11-131): 28-33
- Postoperative hyperglycemia and surgical site infection in general surgery patients.Arch Surg. 2010; 145: 858-864https://doi.org/10.1001/archsurg.2010.179
- Implementation of a pharmacist-led, multidisciplinary diabetes management team.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012; 69: 1240-1245https://doi.org/10.2146/ajhp110297
- Poor glycemic control is a strong predictor of postoperative morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing vascular surgery.J Vasc Surg. 2019; 69: 1219-1226https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2018.06.212
- A pharmacist-driven glycemic control protocol to reduce the rate of severe hypoglycemia in high-risk patients.Hosp Pharm. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1177/0018578720973891Date accessed: February 4, 2022